Now, gold-plated MacBook Pros with diamond Apple logos for $30K!
- Supreme Court strikes down Section 66A, says it violates right to speech
- Pakistan Day: PM greets, MoS VK Singh tweets #disgust
- DK Ravi's death: Govt calls in CBI, tells court he had a ‘relationship’ with batchmate
- Mufti Mohammad Sayeed says will take Army into confidence on AFSPA
- 1987 Hashimpura massacre: The photographs that stand witness
Now you could be a proud owner 24-carat gold covered MacBook Pro with an Apple logo that features multi-color diamonds by spending 30,000 dollars.
Computer Choppers, the firm that has launched the new of MacBook, also offers the chance to cover your favorite Apple product in white, rose and yellow gold, as well as copper, black and silver chrome.
The company''s founder, Alex Wiley, explained to CNNMoney that they 'take an iMac, an iPad, a tablet of some sort and strip it down to bare metal'
Then they engrave or personalize it for a customer and then go ahead and plate that with 24-karat gold.
According to the Daily Mail, Computer Choppers provides custom engravings, custom logos and ''diamond accents on the unibody chassis,'' they it reassembles the product and sends it off to the customer.
And if price is right, the company will coat just about anything, from Nintendo game controllers to iPhones and Blackberries, the report said.
Although Computer Choppers is based in the U.S., Wiley said that 90 percent cent of the company''s orders are shipped internationally.