Now, gold-plated MacBook Pros with diamond Apple logos for $30K!
- Nitish trying to cheat Bihar, says Modi; CM replies PM disturbed with falling Sensex, GDP
- Manipur violence: Toll up to eight, three killed in police firing
- India script history, register first series win in Sri Lanka after 22 years
- Sheena, Mikhail my children, ready to undergo DNA test: Siddharth Das
- Market loses its nerve on weak GDP, Sensex tumbles 587 points
Now you could be a proud owner 24-carat gold covered MacBook Pro with an Apple logo that features multi-color diamonds by spending 30,000 dollars.
Computer Choppers, the firm that has launched the new of MacBook, also offers the chance to cover your favorite Apple product in white, rose and yellow gold, as well as copper, black and silver chrome.
The company''s founder, Alex Wiley, explained to CNNMoney that they 'take an iMac, an iPad, a tablet of some sort and strip it down to bare metal'
Then they engrave or personalize it for a customer and then go ahead and plate that with 24-karat gold.
According to the Daily Mail, Computer Choppers provides custom engravings, custom logos and ''diamond accents on the unibody chassis,'' they it reassembles the product and sends it off to the customer.
And if price is right, the company will coat just about anything, from Nintendo game controllers to iPhones and Blackberries, the report said.