Now, gold-plated MacBook Pros with diamond Apple logos for $30K!
- Maharashtra: Building collapses in Thane district, several feared trapped
- Nation pays tribute to Abdul Kalam, funeral in Rameswaram on July 30
- SC bench differs on Yakub's execution, refers plea to larger bench
- 'Your indebted student': Kalam's advisor pays tribute to former President on Facebook
- Gurdaspur attack: GPS shows terror team, got drug cartel help too
Now you could be a proud owner 24-carat gold covered MacBook Pro with an Apple logo that features multi-color diamonds by spending 30,000 dollars.
Computer Choppers, the firm that has launched the new of MacBook, also offers the chance to cover your favorite Apple product in white, rose and yellow gold, as well as copper, black and silver chrome.
The company''s founder, Alex Wiley, explained to CNNMoney that they 'take an iMac, an iPad, a tablet of some sort and strip it down to bare metal'
Then they engrave or personalize it for a customer and then go ahead and plate that with 24-karat gold.
According to the Daily Mail, Computer Choppers provides custom engravings, custom logos and ''diamond accents on the unibody chassis,'' they it reassembles the product and sends it off to the customer.
And if price is right, the company will coat just about anything, from Nintendo game controllers to iPhones and Blackberries, the report said.
Although Computer Choppers is based in the U.S., Wiley said that 90 percent cent of the company''s orders are shipped internationally.