Now, Jamia girl tells police: My Facebook photo being passed as that of rape victim
- TDP and BJP set to part ways; both may field candidates on all Seemandhra seats
- PMO says GDP has grown three times during UPA rule
- Kumar Vishwas claims threat to life, to file FIR against Rahul and Priyanka
- Vote for Supriya Sule or lose water, âthreatensâ Ajit Pawar
- 2 States movie review: Alia Bhatt is a surprise
Days after a man approached the police in Kerala to complain that his daughter's photograph had been posted on Facebook as that of the 23-year-old woman who died after being gangraped and tortured in Delhi, a student of Jamia Millia Islamia has complained to Delhi Police that her photograph too has been uploaded on the social networking site as that of the gangrape victim.
The complaint was filed on December 31 at the Jamia Nagar police station, two days after the death of the victim in a Singapore hospital. The photograph of the complainant is positioned next to another of a girl lying battered on a hospital bed. Additional Deputy Commissioner of Police (South East)
L T Hrangchal said: "We have registered a case on the girl's complaint wherein she has stated that her photograph on Facebook has been misused by projecting her as the Delhi gangrape victim. The matter is under investigation."
- As EC website crashes due to overload, party workers use apps to locate voters
- An entire society in Kothrud could not vote
- Chaos, anger across city over missing names
- Mulayam pushes third front, says will stake claim to PM post
- Don’t look at my candidates, votes for me: Maya to Dalits
- AAP biggies focus on Vishwas, Kejri seats, other units suffer