Now, Jamia girl tells police: My Facebook photo being passed as that of rape victim
- Vasundhara Raje admits signing UK papers for Lalit Modi
- Beheading, explosion at factory in France; suspects captured
- US Supreme Court legalises same-sex marriage nationwide
- Sri Lanka President Maithripala Sirisena dissolves parliament eight months before elections
- 5 children dead, 11 injured after tree falls on school bus in Kerala
Days after a man approached the police in Kerala to complain that his daughter's photograph had been posted on Facebook as that of the 23-year-old woman who died after being gangraped and tortured in Delhi, a student of Jamia Millia Islamia has complained to Delhi Police that her photograph too has been uploaded on the social networking site as that of the gangrape victim.
The complaint was filed on December 31 at the Jamia Nagar police station, two days after the death of the victim in a Singapore hospital. The photograph of the complainant is positioned next to another of a girl lying battered on a hospital bed. Additional Deputy Commissioner of Police (South East)
L T Hrangchal said: "We have registered a case on the girl's complaint wherein she has stated that her photograph on Facebook has been misused by projecting her as the Delhi gangrape victim. The matter is under investigation."