Now, Jamia girl tells police: My Facebook photo being passed as that of rape victim
- HSBC Indian list just doubled to 1195 names. Balance: Rs 25420 cr
- Manjhi expelled, Nitish stakes claim to form govt in Bihar
- Hanging of Afzal Guru was 'wrong' & 'badly' handled, says Shashi Tharoor
- Have given it my all, not nervous about result: Kiran Bedi
- Japanese girl allegedly raped by tourist guide in Jaipur
Days after a man approached the police in Kerala to complain that his daughter's photograph had been posted on Facebook as that of the 23-year-old woman who died after being gangraped and tortured in Delhi, a student of Jamia Millia Islamia has complained to Delhi Police that her photograph too has been uploaded on the social networking site as that of the gangrape victim.
The complaint was filed on December 31 at the Jamia Nagar police station, two days after the death of the victim in a Singapore hospital. The photograph of the complainant is positioned next to another of a girl lying battered on a hospital bed. Additional Deputy Commissioner of Police (South East)
L T Hrangchal said: "We have registered a case on the girl's complaint wherein she has stated that her photograph on Facebook has been misused by projecting her as the Delhi gangrape victim. The matter is under investigation."