Now mustard oil instead of refined oil at PDS stores
- Obama rules out putting US troops on ground to fight Islamic State
- Heavy rainfall floods Tamil Nadu, rail, road services badly hit; 71 killed so far
- Azam Khan's remarks on Paris attacks spark row, BJP demands action
- French officials identify Belgian national as suspected mastermind
- Awards recognition of talent, they should be cherished: Prez
After taking a decision to purchase pluses supplied through PDS outlets only through global tenders, Food and Supplies Minister G S Bali Saturday said he had ordered replacing cooking oil with mustard oil besides supplying all pulses on rotation basis instead of 'fixed three dals'.
"The whole idea of global bidding is to bring down the prices of pulses at PDS shops. The State Food and Civil Supplies Corporation will ensure that bidding process enables entry of global suppliers. This will create competition and prices of pulses will come down to benefit consumers," he said.
He said the government will provide all pulses including chik peas, Urad, Moong whole, Moong Dal and Rajma on rotation basis to ration card holders. Instead of refined oil, consumers will get mustard oil. Some changes will also be done in the procurement of iodised salt supplied at PDS ration shops. Bali said proposed Aam Admi shops and Aam Admi stores will provide all items under one roof.
- Responses to Mumbai, Paris attacks were strikingly different. But India has learnt since
- Tipu Sultan: Revisionist overlook his bigotry, contemporaries saw nothing else
- True successors of Gandhi-Nehru
- Raja-Mandala: The final burial of non-alignment
- Modi in Britain: Beyond a reiteration of good intentions, little was achieved
- The government’s version of the uniform civil code must be debated publicly