Now mustard oil instead of refined oil at PDS stores
- Dadri reminds us how PM Modi bears responsibility for the poison that is being spread
- Kill policemen, never commit suicide: Hardik tells Patel youth
- From Arvind Kejriwal to Rahul Gandhi: Who said what on Dadri lynching
- Forensic lab rules out drug overdose in Indrani Mukerjea case
- Bihar polls: After Nitish Kumar's remark, BJP promises free petrol for scooties
After taking a decision to purchase pluses supplied through PDS outlets only through global tenders, Food and Supplies Minister G S Bali Saturday said he had ordered replacing cooking oil with mustard oil besides supplying all pulses on rotation basis instead of 'fixed three dals'.
"The whole idea of global bidding is to bring down the prices of pulses at PDS shops. The State Food and Civil Supplies Corporation will ensure that bidding process enables entry of global suppliers. This will create competition and prices of pulses will come down to benefit consumers," he said.
He said the government will provide all pulses including chik peas, Urad, Moong whole, Moong Dal and Rajma on rotation basis to ration card holders. Instead of refined oil, consumers will get mustard oil. Some changes will also be done in the procurement of iodised salt supplied at PDS ration shops. Bali said proposed Aam Admi shops and Aam Admi stores will provide all items under one roof.