Now mustard oil instead of refined oil at PDS stores
- World doesn't trust Modi, says Congress citing British newspaper
- FIR against SP leader Azam Khan over hate speech
- His hands tied, PM surrendered to Sonia: ex-media adviserâs book
- How can Modi honour women if he canât mention his wife, asks Rahul
- Mewat simmers after poll clash, killing of Muslim youth
After taking a decision to purchase pluses supplied through PDS outlets only through global tenders, Food and Supplies Minister G S Bali Saturday said he had ordered replacing cooking oil with mustard oil besides supplying all pulses on rotation basis instead of 'fixed three dals'.
"The whole idea of global bidding is to bring down the prices of pulses at PDS shops. The State Food and Civil Supplies Corporation will ensure that bidding process enables entry of global suppliers. This will create competition and prices of pulses will come down to benefit consumers," he said.
He said the government will provide all pulses including chik peas, Urad, Moong whole, Moong Dal and Rajma on rotation basis to ration card holders. Instead of refined oil, consumers will get mustard oil. Some changes will also be done in the procurement of iodised salt supplied at PDS ration shops. Bali said proposed Aam Admi shops and Aam Admi stores will provide all items under one roof.
G S Bali also holds the post of Transport minister and hinted at major changes in the transport policy, especially in hiring private buses on lease for HRTC-manned operations at different routes.
- Under attack over rape remark, SP chief Mulayam Yadav blames media
- JD(S) releases manifesto, vows to protect interests of state
- Ambareesh returns, says will sort ‘minor differences’
- Sagar Ghosh killing: Breather for DGP as HC stays single bench order
- Face of Gujarat riots is face of BJP: Mamata
- Cong seeks action against Advani on ‘wrong’ info in affidavit