Now, only 4 half-day holidays for govt staff
- Pakistan High Commission staffer asked to leave India after leak of sensitive defence documents
- Cyrus Mistry hits back at Tata Group with slew of allegations: Fraudulent transactions, unethical ways
- Tata Sons vs Cyrus: Sebi, govt keep watch, BSE seeks clarification
- Kashmir is a matter for India, Pakistan to sort out: British PM Theresa May
- It's unfortunate, because it has set a terrible precedent: Farhan Akhtar on Johar-MNS deal
In a first, the Punjab government has issued directions that from now on, employees can only take four half-day holidays in a year, and that too, these have to clubbed with full-day notified holidays.
The practice has been to observe over a dozen days as half-day holidays in addition to the usual full day holidays. For 2013, while the government has notified 15 holidays, the employees till now took half-day holidays prior to all these notified holidays.
The order issued by Chief Secretary Rakesh Singh stated: "Employees will now be permitted to avail any four second half day holidays during the current calendar year unlike previous years, when employees availed as many half day holidays as the total number of holidays.''
- By brokering for MNS, Devendra Fadnavis has shown himself as a CM afraid of a bully
- Pak PM would do well to study the past before choosing Raheel Sharif’s successor
- What general news channels could learn from business news anchors
- India’s abstention from UN negotiations for nuclear disarmament would be a lost chance
- India must delink classroom teaching from student learning
- In the long run, the rift within SP may make space for a clearer leadership