Now Palghar police detain 19-yr-old for Facebook post on Raj Thackeray
- HSBC Indian list just doubled to 1195 names. Balance: Rs 25420 cr
- Manjhi expelled, Nitish stakes claim to form govt in Bihar
- Hanging of Afzal Guru was 'wrong' & 'badly' handled, says Shashi Tharoor
- Have given it my all, not nervous about result: Kiran Bedi
- Japanese girl allegedly raped by tourist guide in Jaipur
Nine days after their arrest of two young women over a Facebook post led to widespread condemnation, the police in the same town of Palghar in Thane district detained a youth, Sunil Vishwakarma, on Wednesday for allegedly posting "vulgar" comments against MNS chief Raj Thackeray and the people of Maharashtra on the site.
"We have received a complaint that he posted some objectionable comments against Raj Thackeray. We are questioning him as we do not want to repeat the mistakes committed a few days ago," an officer at Palghar police station told PTI.
Vishwakarma, 19, has not been charged and police have sought legal opinion, he said.
Kundan Sankhe, president of the Thane rural unit of the Maharashtra Nanvnirman Sena, claimed the boy had made "vulgar" comments about Raj and the people of Maharashtra, including women. "Our Thane rural district MNS student wing president Bhavish complained to the police," he said.
Earlier, two women had been held on November 19 over a Facebook post criticising the shutdown in Mumbai for Shiv Sena chief Bal Thackeray's funeral.