Now Palghar police detain 19-yr-old for Facebook post on Raj Thackeray
- Navy officer dies on board INS Kolkata off Mumbai
- SC calls Sahara proposal an âinsultâ, Subrata Roy to stay in jail till March 11
- I'm not a terrorist, Modi should have met me: Arvind Kejriwal
- Modi to hold 'Chai Pe Charcha' on women empowerment on Saturday
- Will not campaign for any candidate, says Anna Hazare
Nine days after their arrest of two young women over a Facebook post led to widespread condemnation, the police in the same town of Palghar in Thane district detained a youth, Sunil Vishwakarma, on Wednesday for allegedly posting "vulgar" comments against MNS chief Raj Thackeray and the people of Maharashtra on the site.
"We have received a complaint that he posted some objectionable comments against Raj Thackeray. We are questioning him as we do not want to repeat the mistakes committed a few days ago," an officer at Palghar police station told PTI.
Vishwakarma, 19, has not been charged and police have sought legal opinion, he said.
Kundan Sankhe, president of the Thane rural unit of the Maharashtra Nanvnirman Sena, claimed the boy had made "vulgar" comments about Raj and the people of Maharashtra, including women. "Our Thane rural district MNS student wing president Bhavish complained to the police," he said.
Earlier, two women had been held on November 19 over a Facebook post criticising the shutdown in Mumbai for Shiv Sena chief Bal Thackeray's funeral.
- Chai pe Charcha gets police protection, EC officials to check on poll norm violation
- Complaint against Kejriwal: Kutch cops gather evidence
- AAP chief to hold first public meeting in Gujarat today
- Nominations for North Bangalore primary begin
- ‘Our campaigning in the state will be out of the box’
- ‘Aai Retire Hotey’ to take the stage for 100th time today