Now Palghar police detain 19-yr-old for Facebook post on Raj Thackeray
- Bihar: School director dies after mob assault over death of two students
- PM spoke about Rakhi, but neglected Muslims during 'Ramzan': Congress
- Watch video: CCTV captures Mumbai local ramming into station
- Another Vyapam scam accused dies; 24th death in the case
- Sushma's Ministry declines info under RTI on Lalit Modi's passport issue
Nine days after their arrest of two young women over a Facebook post led to widespread condemnation, the police in the same town of Palghar in Thane district detained a youth, Sunil Vishwakarma, on Wednesday for allegedly posting "vulgar" comments against MNS chief Raj Thackeray and the people of Maharashtra on the site.
"We have received a complaint that he posted some objectionable comments against Raj Thackeray. We are questioning him as we do not want to repeat the mistakes committed a few days ago," an officer at Palghar police station told PTI.
Vishwakarma, 19, has not been charged and police have sought legal opinion, he said.
Kundan Sankhe, president of the Thane rural unit of the Maharashtra Nanvnirman Sena, claimed the boy had made "vulgar" comments about Raj and the people of Maharashtra, including women. "Our Thane rural district MNS student wing president Bhavish complained to the police," he said.
Earlier, two women had been held on November 19 over a Facebook post criticising the shutdown in Mumbai for Shiv Sena chief Bal Thackeray's funeral.