Now, Shane Warne involved in Twitter row
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Election Commission sends notice to defiant Azam Khan over Kargil remark
- SC refrains from staying government move to include Jats in OBC category
- Its image dented, and spread too thin, Aam Aadmi Party struggles in Delhi
- Poll panel stares down Mamata
- BCCI moves SC to get access to statements by Srinivasan and Dhoni
Shane Warne has once again got involved in a spat on Twitter after he scoffed at Big Bash League (BBL) team Adelaide Strikers' team selection for their match against Perth Scorchers. According to News.com.au, Warne wrote on his official Twitter account: "Terrible team Adelaide picked, what were they thinking!"
The Melbourne Stars spin great contemptuously told the Adelaide players they''ll be watching the BBL semi finals on television but his mocking comments sparked a response from the Strikers'' official Twitter account, the paper reported. @Strikersbbl hit back by suggesting Warne might not play in the finals himself because they''re not held in London, which was a reference to the bowler missing a T20 game when he spent Christmas in the UK with fiancee Liz Hurley.
The Adelaide side''s Twitter feed then said things might get ugly if Warne decided to throw a ball at them, which was a dig at the on-field clash the bowling star had with Melbourne Renegades batsman Marlon Samuels earlier this week, the paper said. However Warne had the last laugh after the Adelaide Strikers were bowled out for a puny 91 runs to leave their finals hopes hanging in the balance.
- Walmart to launch 50 stores in big India push
- Poojary banking on ‘sympathy’ for Dakshina Kannada seat
- Solution to water woes key factor in Chikkaballapur
- Eying 85 pc turnout, election dept offers many sops
- Last day, last show: Parties flex muscles, try to connect with one & all
- From societies to slums, Adhalrao-Patil on the move