Now, Shane Warne involved in Twitter row
- Pakistan court declares 26/11 accused Zaki-ur-Rehman Lakhvi's detention void
- Chairs broken, MLAs faint in Kerala Assembly as Finance Minister KM Mani presents budget
- ‘Love jihad’ gets a Bengal reply: Bahu lao, Beti bachao, ‘purify’ Muslim brides
- Kolkata Park Street rape victim dies
- LIVE: PM Modi arrives in Sri Lanka; assures visa on arrival for Lankan nationals
Shane Warne has once again got involved in a spat on Twitter after he scoffed at Big Bash League (BBL) team Adelaide Strikers' team selection for their match against Perth Scorchers. According to News.com.au, Warne wrote on his official Twitter account: "Terrible team Adelaide picked, what were they thinking!"
The Melbourne Stars spin great contemptuously told the Adelaide players they''ll be watching the BBL semi finals on television but his mocking comments sparked a response from the Strikers'' official Twitter account, the paper reported. @Strikersbbl hit back by suggesting Warne might not play in the finals himself because they''re not held in London, which was a reference to the bowler missing a T20 game when he spent Christmas in the UK with fiancee Liz Hurley.
The Adelaide side''s Twitter feed then said things might get ugly if Warne decided to throw a ball at them, which was a dig at the on-field clash the bowling star had with Melbourne Renegades batsman Marlon Samuels earlier this week, the paper said. However Warne had the last laugh after the Adelaide Strikers were bowled out for a puny 91 runs to leave their finals hopes hanging in the balance.