Now, Shiv Sena bans 'minors' from New Year parties
- L-G Jung functioning as if there is President's Rule in Delhi: Sisodia
- Suicide car bomb kills at least 6, injures 9 in Kabul
- VIDEO: Teased by bodyguard, Agra woman smashes SP leader's Mercedes
- Amid Delhi Chief Secy row, at least dozen govt officers ready to leave city
- Modi govt calls for 'fitting' commemoration of Rajiv Gandhi death anniversary
The Shiv Sena has asked district authorities here to ensure that minor girls and boys are not allowed to participate in the New Year parties held at hotels and pubs in and around the city.
In a memorandum submitted to Pune Collector Vikas Deshmukh, the Shiv Sena MLC Neelam Gorhe said that in view of the spate of crimes being committed against women it was necessary that police and revenue department officials took strict measures in order to prevent untoward incidents that happen during such celebrations where alcohol is served.
Gorhe said the officials should use their discretion in granting permission to such parties and maintain a vigil monitoring prescribed time limits.
City BJP MLA Girish Bapat also declared that the party activists would stage demonstrations in front of major police stations in the city on December 29 and 30 in support of their demand for speedy registration of cases against eve teasers and those indulging in drunk driving during New Year celebrations.
Meanwhile, Pune police commissioner Gulabrao Pol has announced that the department would organize a Karate camp in January for college girls to impart training in self defence with participation of women constables.