Now, Shivpal Yadav says engineers taking ‘cut money’ will be punished
- Mulayam Yadav calls Narendra Modi a liar, says he changes 500 kurtas a day
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Kejriwal holds roadshow in Varanasi before filing nomination
- Bhavnagar model: Muslim buys house, canât move in
- 12-yr-olds also voted in this Bihar village
- Shazia says Muslims should become 'communal' when they vote
State Public Works Department (PWD) Minister Shivpal Yadav today warned engineers of severe punishment if they are found demanding "cut money" or commission in the name of higher authorities.
At a meeting of all chief engineers, superintendent engineers and executive engineers of PWD at Vishveshwarya auditorium today, the minister expressed concern over the practice of demanding commission in the name of higher authorities.
"It is sad that commission is still being taken in the name of higher authorities. If any complaint is received then FIR will be lodged against the concerned official and engineer," Shivpal said at the meeting.
Earlier, Shivpal had hit the headlines when he advised officials while chairing the district planning meeting of Etah on August 9 to "steal a little" if they work hard. He later claimed that his comment was distorted and he had made the remark regarding the previous BSP regime.
While reviewing the progress of the department, Shivpal found that progress in several districts was nil. As per the press release, the physical progress in renewal of works in nine districts — Mathura, Ambedkarnagar, Sultanpur, Gorakhpur, Deoria, Kushinagar, Banda, Kannauj and Prabudhnagar — was nil. The financial progress in Kannauj, Muzaffarnagar, Prabudhnagar, Chitrakoot, Varanasi and Ballia was also very poor.
Shivpal also stated that files are kept pending in PWD secretariat for months. The release said that Shivpal directed the principal secretary, PWD, that no file should be kept pending for more than two days in the department and for seven days in finance department else the responsibility will be fixed.
- Six Bengal constituencies go to poll tomorrow in second phase
- Whistleblower alleged kickbacks, favours in ‘thin client’ procurement; NDA never completed inquiry
- Pune AAP volunteers all set to hit campaign trail in Varanasi
- ‘Interstate’ gang of chain snatchers held; gold worth Rs 80 lakh seized
- CBI, Army vigilance wing carry out daylong search at NDA
- Balancing Act