NRHM: CBI not to make any arrests, will let accused face trial in court
- Dadri reminds us how PM Modi bears responsibility for the poison that is being spread
- Kill policemen, never commit suicide: Hardik tells Patel youth
- From Arvind Kejriwal to Rahul Gandhi: Who said what on Dadri lynching
- Forensic lab rules out drug overdose in Indrani Mukerjea case
- Bihar polls: After Nitish Kumar's remark, BJP promises free petrol for scooties
Despite filing four chargesheets in two cases related to alleged irregularities in implementation and execution of NRHM schemes in Lucknow district yesterday, the CBI will not arrest any of the accused, confirmed sources.
The sources said that senior CBI officials have decided to let the accused face trial in the court. Any specific reason behind not making any arrest in the cases is not known.
The chargesheets were filed against 52 persons, including 22 government doctors and four other officials of Health & Family Welfare Department. There are 11 female doctors among the accused.
The CBI had to seek court's intervention to get prosecution sanction against the doctors and other officials last month, as their request in this regard was pending with the state government since May.
The CBI is believed to be filing two more chargesheets in the two cases this month, as investigation is going on into the alleged irregularities in construction of Auxiliary Nurse & Midwife training centres and pre and post natal care in urban slums of Lucknow under NRHM schemes.