NRHM scam: Accused tries to end life
- Sahara case: Hearing deferred in SC, Subrata Roy to remain in jail
- Purnia rally: Modi takes a dig at Nitish, says his PM dream was reason for break up of alliance
- Still no sign of Malaysia Airlines jet lost in "unprecedented mystery"
- DMK denies ticket to Alagiri; Raja, Maran get renomination
- Coal scam: SC directs CBI to file five charge sheets by Mar 28
A pharmacist who was questioned by a CBI team in a case related to NRHM scam on Monday and was summoned again for Wednesday attempted suicide by consuming poison at his house in Maharajganj district on Tuesday. He is undergoing treatment at BRD Medical College in Gorakhpur where his condition was stated to be critical.
Ram Bilas Verma served on contract basis under Ayush scheme and was posted at a community health centre at Dhani area in Maharajganj.
CBI's Dharini Mishra said a CBI team is camping in Gorakhpur regarding investigation in a case of alleged irregularities in purchase of medicines at CHCs in Gorakhpur, Kushinagar, Deoria and Maharajganj districts. The pharmacist is a suspect, she said. Mishra said the man was questioned Monday by a CBI team in Gorakhpur in presence of several other persons.
Maharajganj chief medical officer Dr A K Srivastava said the pharmacist was rushed to the CHC at Pharenda area after his condition deteriorated at his house at Dhani in the morning. Later, he was referred to the medical college in Gorakhpur. The CMO said they did not know what substance he had consumed.
On January 23, Sunil Kumar Verma, a project engineer of Construction & Design Services of UP Jal Nigam and also an accused in the NRHM scam, had committed suicide by shooting himself at his residence in Lucknow.
- BJP Dalit leader mounts pressure on Kejriwal over AAP’s stand on reservation
- PGI gets 10 new glaucoma cases of kids every month
- Balongi: 4 more water samples fail; 3 kids among 4 new patients
- Kejriwal gave ‘misleading information’ about assets, complainant tells court
- Was told not to talk of Jaspal Bhatti… He was my husband, my motivation: Savita
- Delhi EC moots longer polling hours
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- BJP complains to EC against Rahul over RSS remarks, seeks derecognition of Congress