NRHM scam: CBI opens more inquiries
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
The CBI has registered 23 fresh preliminary enquiries (PEs) into alleged irregularities in the execution and implementation of NRHM schemes in Uttar Pradesh. While 12 of the PEs were lodged by UP region CBI on Thursday, others were registered by the special task force of Delhi CBI on Wednesday.
While the CBI's Lucknow special crime branch will conduct six PEs, Dehradun and Ghaziabad units will enquire into three matters each, said a senior CBI official.
The STF unit of Delhi CBI will conduct 11 PEs into various UP districts.
Sixteen of the preliminary enquiries are related to alleged irregularities in the procurement of medicines, surgical equipment, publicity material and other articles under various NRHM schemes across the state between 2005 and 2011.
The CBI had, earlier, registered 18 cases into the UP NRHM scam last year, while two other cases related to irregularities in Lucknow district had been registered in August, 2011. CBI teams from Delhi have been investigating the matter on the directive of the Lucknow bench of the Allahabad High Court.
About 25 accused have been arrested so far and some of them are out on bail.
An official said that the Lucknow SCB has registered PEs into the alleged irregularities related to Allahabad, Sultanpur, Banda, Jhansi, Azamgarh and Shahjahanpur districts.
Similarly, the Dehradun unit has lodged PEs into the matters related to Muzaffarnagar, Saharanpur and Bijnore, while Ghaziabad will conduct PEs into the alleged irregularities detected in Aligarh, Moradabad and Bareilly districts.
The STF unit of Delhi will conduct PEs into the districts which include Agra, Farrukhabad, Mainpuri, Chitrakoot, Gonda, Balrampur, Basti and Sidharth Nagar.
The official also said that the documents related to purchases have been sought from the offices of Chief Medical Officers (CMOs) and district health societies in the concerned districts.
- â€˜Someone should remind the CM weâ€™re also aam aadmi. But theyâ€™ve turned us intoÂ demonsâ€™
- Kapil Sibal to contest from Chandni Chowk in 2014, even if Arvind Kejriwal inÂ fray
- AAP names Bharti victims, uploads eight videos targeting Africans in Delhi
- Arvind Kejriwal likely to pass Jan Lokpal Bill in February, says the fight for new independence hasÂ begun