NRHM scam: CBI to file 6 new cases
- Highest earners in 75% rural households earned below Rs 5K: SECC
- Ex-RAW chief's revelation: Congress seeks PM's apology for Gujarat riots
- Hema Malini's car accident: Victim's family upset with BJP MP
- Kandahar operation: BJP dismisses ex-RAW chief's claims of 'goof-up'
- Gujarat HC dismisses petition against PM Narendra Modi for filing defective affidavit
The CBI is set to register six fresh cases in connection with financial irregularities in execution and implementation of NRHM schemes in 21 districts of Uttar Pradesh. The cases pertain to purchase and supply of medicines and medical equipment and contracts given for printing, distribution of publicity material and construction of NRHM sub-centres, sources said.
The CBI will also be conducting searches in UP, Delhi and Haryana.
Among those who will be named in the fresh cases are former BSP MLC Ram Prasad Jaiswal, a former director general of family welfare, officials of family welfare department, including chief medical officers of the concerned districts.