NRHM scam: CBI to file 6 new cases
- Raghuram Rajan: Should focus on structural reforms, not get fixated with growth numbers
- Looking for God’s own country: Kerala's missing and signs of radicalisation
- Arunchal Pradesh: Pema Khandu sworn in as CM, Chowna Mein as deputy
- 'Talk to AK': Arvind Kejriwal holds interactive session with citizens
- Made us beggars, stop adventurism by governors: CMs at Inter-State Council meeting
The CBI is set to register six fresh cases in connection with financial irregularities in execution and implementation of NRHM schemes in 21 districts of Uttar Pradesh. The cases pertain to purchase and supply of medicines and medical equipment and contracts given for printing, distribution of publicity material and construction of NRHM sub-centres, sources said.
The CBI will also be conducting searches in UP, Delhi and Haryana.
- Congress opposition to GST does no credit to a party that opened up the economy 25 years ago
- Kashmir poses not just moral but also existential questions involving statecraft
- New FDI policy in food products is unlikely to be a game-changer by itself
- Swathi murder case in Chennai must trigger a move to enact strong witness protection laws
- A new government in Nepal does not hold out any promise of greater stability
- Kashmir is more than land, it is people