NRHM scam: CBI to file 6 new cases
- As a public figure, you must learn to face criticism: SC tells Jayalalithaa in defamation case
- Rajnath Singh: Those who believe in Kashmiriyat, Insaniyat & Jamhooriyat welcome for talks
- Rohith Vemula was not a Dalit, says probe panel set up by HRD Ministry
- Scorpene Submarine: Will probe leak, says DCNS; source not from India, says Defence Ministry
- Saradha scam: ED summons Chidambaram's wife Nalini
The CBI is set to register six fresh cases in connection with financial irregularities in execution and implementation of NRHM schemes in 21 districts of Uttar Pradesh. The cases pertain to purchase and supply of medicines and medical equipment and contracts given for printing, distribution of publicity material and construction of NRHM sub-centres, sources said.
The CBI will also be conducting searches in UP, Delhi and Haryana.
- Sedition law cannot be used against honest views, expressed peacefully
- India’s dependence on China for medicine ingredients is a matter of concern
- Before Balochistan, India has supported some human rights causes and ignored others
- Olympics brought many smiles — and a little bit of rancour
- Harish Gupta case involves questions about the very nature of governmental decision-making
- Tension between the executive and judiciary could play out in creative, or destructive, ways