NRHM scam: CBI to file 6 new cases
- LIVE: Yogendra Yadav, Prashant Bhushan expelled from AAP National Executive committee
- President Pranab Mukherjee goes to Vajpayee's home with Bharat Ratna
- Land bill will ‘break nation’s backbone’, Sonia tells Gadkari
- After 2010 scare, DGCA got cockpit policy to avert Germanwings-type incident
- Leave IITs alone, can’t talk to 36 applicants in a day and choose (directors): Kakodkar
The CBI is set to register six fresh cases in connection with financial irregularities in execution and implementation of NRHM schemes in 21 districts of Uttar Pradesh. The cases pertain to purchase and supply of medicines and medical equipment and contracts given for printing, distribution of publicity material and construction of NRHM sub-centres, sources said.
The CBI will also be conducting searches in UP, Delhi and Haryana.
Among those who will be named in the fresh cases are former BSP MLC Ram Prasad Jaiswal, a former director general of family welfare, officials of family welfare department, including chief medical officers of the concerned districts.