NRHM scam: Govt nod to prosecute three doctors
- SC quashes decision to include Jats in OBC category, rules caste can't be sole ground
- Day after results, Omar, Amit Shah and Ram Madhav met to explore J&K tie-up
- Neither Sonia nor Rahul ever filled such forms: Congress
- Nun gangrape case: 10 detained, Centre seeks report from WB govt
- To push land law forward, govt set to pause House
The state government on Monday gave sanction for prosecution of three senior doctors and three health department officials in a case of NRHM scam. The CBI's request seeking prosecution sanction for more doctors and officials is pending with the government for last year.
The prosecution sanction was given against former family welfare CMO at Varanasi Dr Prem Prakash Verma and medical officers Dr Satish Kumar and Dr Heera Gopal and officials at CMO office Kripal, Naresh Kumar and Krishna Pal Singh. The doctors and the officials are accused in one of the four cases related to procurement of medicines and surgical goods in Varanasi registered on February 24 last year in connection with the NRHM scam. The CBI then had conducted simultaneous searches at 35 places across the state. The searches were conducted at the offices and residences of CMOs and suppliers of medicines and surgical goods.