NRHM scam: Govt nod to prosecute three doctors
- L-G Najeeb Jung's 'I am the govt' remark laughable, acting at PM's behest: Arvind Kejriwal
- Robert Vadra's Facebook post triggers BJP, Congress clash; House adjourned
- Scolded by Sonia, Shashi Tharoor gets praise from PM Modi
- RK Pachauri asked to step down, Ajay Mathur is new TERI chief
- PM's credibility declining, no discussion until Sushma steps down: Rahul
The state government on Monday gave sanction for prosecution of three senior doctors and three health department officials in a case of NRHM scam. The CBI's request seeking prosecution sanction for more doctors and officials is pending with the government for last year.
The prosecution sanction was given against former family welfare CMO at Varanasi Dr Prem Prakash Verma and medical officers Dr Satish Kumar and Dr Heera Gopal and officials at CMO office Kripal, Naresh Kumar and Krishna Pal Singh. The doctors and the officials are accused in one of the four cases related to procurement of medicines and surgical goods in Varanasi registered on February 24 last year in connection with the NRHM scam. The CBI then had conducted simultaneous searches at 35 places across the state. The searches were conducted at the offices and residences of CMOs and suppliers of medicines and surgical goods.