NRHM scam: Govt nod to prosecute three doctors
- Raja 'misled' Manmohan Singh on policy matters: CBI to court
- RSS raises Ambedkar vs Mother Teresa row
- From Maldives, road to Islamic State goes via drugs, gangs and jail
- In a first, Indian military contingent to march at Moscow’s Red Square
- Maharashtra by-poll: Shiv Sena set to retain Bandra (E), NCP wins Tasgaon
The state government on Monday gave sanction for prosecution of three senior doctors and three health department officials in a case of NRHM scam. The CBI's request seeking prosecution sanction for more doctors and officials is pending with the government for last year.
The prosecution sanction was given against former family welfare CMO at Varanasi Dr Prem Prakash Verma and medical officers Dr Satish Kumar and Dr Heera Gopal and officials at CMO office Kripal, Naresh Kumar and Krishna Pal Singh. The doctors and the officials are accused in one of the four cases related to procurement of medicines and surgical goods in Varanasi registered on February 24 last year in connection with the NRHM scam. The CBI then had conducted simultaneous searches at 35 places across the state. The searches were conducted at the offices and residences of CMOs and suppliers of medicines and surgical goods.