NRHM scam: Judgement reserved on accused’s pleas
- Essar Leaks: SC issues notices to Essar Group and Centre on PIL seeking court-monitored probe
- Karnataka CM announces CBI probe into death of IAS officer DK Ravi
- Hashimpura massacre: 10 freed still in UP Police
- Jaitley, Rajan paper over the cracks, minister says in regular, frank talks
- Lee Kuan Yew, founder of modern Singapore, passes away at 91
The Allahabad High Court on Thursday reserved its judgement on a bunch of petitions filed by the accused in the alleged multi-crore National Rural Health Mission (NRHM) scam.
The accused — former state family welfare minister Babu Singh Kushwaha, the then principal secretary (Health) Pradeep Shukla, the then managing director of Uttar Pradesh Projects Corporation Limited (UPPCL) Devendra Mohan and the then general manager of UPPCL Ravindra Rai — had challenged various chargesheets filed by the CBI before a special CBI court in Ghaziabad in connection with the alleged scam and had demanded that the same be quashed.
A single judge bench of Justice Sunil Hali reserved its judgement on all the six petitions. "The court heard the argument of all the parties concerned and has now reserved its judgement," said CBI counsel Anurag Khanna. Kushwaha, whose name has appeared in all the three chargesheets filed so far, had filed three separate petitions seeking quashing of all the three chargesheets against him. Shukla had challenged the second chargesheet, in which he was accused of financial misappropriation in connection with upgradation of around 80 district hospitals. The other two officials of the UPPCL, too, had challenged the second chargesheet filed by the CBI.