NRI buyers: Be doubly cautious
- Sahara makes fresh proposal in SC for Subrata Roy's release, tells court it can't pay Rs 10K crore
- Pakistan: Pervez Musharraf survives assassination bid in Islamabad
- IPL officials, owners and 12 players named in secret report to Supreme Court
- Narendra Modi Pak, US dono ko thhokega: BJP South Delhi candidate Ramesh Bidhuri
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Maneka Gandhi says Varun's appreciation for Rahul is wrong
* Society papers and bye-laws for maintenance of the project by the registered owners.
Marketing campaigns and smooth talk by sales executives should not be the criteria for decision on property investment in India. In order to avoid being in a frustrating realty situation, the NRIs need to cross check the developer's reputation and the prevailing prices at the locality through government agencies, NRI forums, friends and acquaintances before entering into any property deal from abroad.
— The author is CEO, BankBazaar.com
- Congress screening panel okays Bansal’s name for Lok Sabha ticket
- Gujarat minister Saurabh Patel may reply to EC notice: ‘I’m related to Ambanis’
- SC exonerates BJP leader Bokhiria in businessman murder case
- Narendra Modi best bet to contain Pakistan, China says BJP leader Rathwa
- Congress threatens to pull down Narendra Modi posters
- Panel points out holes in report on trees cut, writes to civic chief