NSG regional hub: Centre gives in-principle nod
- Breaking: Navy officer dies on board INS Kolkata off Mumbai
- Subrata Roy to remain in Tihar, Supreme Court calls Sahara's proposal "dishonourable"
- Arvind Kejriwal stopped on way to meet Narendra Modi
- Modi's next round of Chai pe charcha doesn't have police permission yet
- SC issues notice to Centre on Kiran Reddy's PIL against creation of Telangana
AHMEDABAD: The Ministry of Home Affairs has granted its in-principle approval to the state government's request for setting up of a regional hub of National Security Guard (NSG) in Gujarat, an official release on Wednesday said.The Ministry made it clear that the in-principle approval is subject to the condition that the state government will provide the required land free of cost, at the location found suitable by the NSG. The central government has already established and operationalised NSG Base/Hubs at Manesar, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Chennai and Mumbai, the release said. Union Minister of State for Home Affairs R P N Singh gave this information in the Rajya Sabha in a written reply to a question by Kaptan Singh Solanki on Wednesday.
Hooda to campaign for Congress in Kutch
New Delhi: Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda will be campaigning for the Congress party in the second phase of Assembly election, in Kutch district. Hooda will address election meetings at Nalia, Bhuj and Gandhi Dham in Gujrat's Kutch district.