Nupur Talwar complains of high BP, anxiety in jail
- Farmer’s suicide: Family lashes out at AAP, raises doubt on suicide note
- Human resource India's biggest strength: PM Modi
- Sena-BJP sweep Aurangabad civic polls, AIMIM ahead of Cong, NCP
- Call records may nail red sandalwood killings; NHRC seeks records of personnel involved
- Amit Shah rips Rahul Gandhi for 'post-leave' noises
Nupur Talwar, convicted for the murder of her daughter Aarushi and domestic help Hemraj, suffered high blood pressure and anxiety after she and her husband Rajesh were brought to the Dasna jail here on Monday evening.
"She complained at 9:30 PM on Monday that she was feeling uneasy. Immediately, a doctor was sent for a check-up and she was found to be suffering from high BP, acidity and anxiety.
She has been given medicines.
"Nupur has been advised rest by the doctors and we can only send her to the court once she is well," Jailor of Dasna jail Vireshraj Sharma told reporters.
After the CBI court pronounced its verdict yesterday, the dentist couple were taken into custody and brought here.
They reached the prison at around 4 PM and looked visibly distressed as they alighted from the police vehicle.
Both have been kept in separate cells.
According to jail officials, after reaching the Dasna jail, both Rajesh and Nupur "had been crying and didn't take dinner".
"We tried to talk to them, but Rajesh and Nupur continued crying and were inconsolable," said the official.