Nurses from PGI, AIIMS to hold protest in Delhi
- Army used 'chilly grenades' to catch Pakistani militant Sajjad Ahmed
- IPL Governing Council proposes two new teams to replace CSK, RR
- Central govt announces 98 Smart Cities, Naidu terms them 'safe investments for pvt firms'
- Sheena Bora murder: Police meet Mikhail Bora; five-day transit remand for Sanjeev Khanna
- ISRO launches rocket carrying GSAT-6 from Sriharikota
The members of the PGI Nursing Welfare Association and AIIMS Nurses Union will be holding a demonstration at Jantar Mantar at New Delhi for the fulfillment of their demands.
Among other things they are demanding a change in nomenclature of the nursing grade from Sister Grade I and Sister Grade II to Nursing Officer I and Nursing Officer II.
A joint meeting of the two associations was held at PGI on Wednesday. The demonstration will be held on February 27 during the budget session of the parliament and before it, letters will be posted to all the members of the parliament to appreciate the common demands of both the unions.
President of the PGI Nursing Welfare Association Lakhvinder Singh said that the demonstration would be held to press the Union Ministry of Health and Family Welfare to accept the demands of both the unions.
The associations are also demanding vocations on the pattern of doctors as mental strain and physical hardship faced by the nursing staff is similar to that of the doctors.