Nurses from PGI, AIIMS to hold protest in Delhi
- LIVE: ISI supports LeT, JeM and Hizbul, David Headley tells court
- J&K govt formation: Ram Madhav to hold talks with Mehbooba Mufti to break impasse
- Soldier, who survived Siachen avalanche, being flown to Delhi hospital
- DDCA row: Delhi HC dismisses Kirti Azad's plea seeking court-monitored probe
- Net bad assets of govt banks a third of their net worth
The members of the PGI Nursing Welfare Association and AIIMS Nurses Union will be holding a demonstration at Jantar Mantar at New Delhi for the fulfillment of their demands.
Among other things they are demanding a change in nomenclature of the nursing grade from Sister Grade I and Sister Grade II to Nursing Officer I and Nursing Officer II.
A joint meeting of the two associations was held at PGI on Wednesday. The demonstration will be held on February 27 during the budget session of the parliament and before it, letters will be posted to all the members of the parliament to appreciate the common demands of both the unions.
President of the PGI Nursing Welfare Association Lakhvinder Singh said that the demonstration would be held to press the Union Ministry of Health and Family Welfare to accept the demands of both the unions.
The associations are also demanding vocations on the pattern of doctors as mental strain and physical hardship faced by the nursing staff is similar to that of the doctors.
- Government must resolve growing burden of non-performing assets
- Outrage over police assault on students is meaningless
- Right to a toilet: For the health, dignity and safety of women in slums
- Raja-Mandala: Maritime India versus Continental Delhi
- The Akhilesh-Mulayam duet
- We have turned our back to the intense food and drinking water distress