Nurses from PGI, AIIMS to hold protest in Delhi
- Dengue: Toll reaches 16 as two more girls die; over 2,000 tested positive
- Bihar polls: After quitting Grand Alliance, Mulayam forms Third Front
- US Federal funds rate remains unchanged, defers to global economic volatility
- Bharti gets relief from arrest as HC reserves order on anticipatory bail
- No ban on meat in Maharashtra as SC rejects plea against Bombay HC's order
The members of the PGI Nursing Welfare Association and AIIMS Nurses Union will be holding a demonstration at Jantar Mantar at New Delhi for the fulfillment of their demands.
Among other things they are demanding a change in nomenclature of the nursing grade from Sister Grade I and Sister Grade II to Nursing Officer I and Nursing Officer II.
A joint meeting of the two associations was held at PGI on Wednesday. The demonstration will be held on February 27 during the budget session of the parliament and before it, letters will be posted to all the members of the parliament to appreciate the common demands of both the unions.
President of the PGI Nursing Welfare Association Lakhvinder Singh said that the demonstration would be held to press the Union Ministry of Health and Family Welfare to accept the demands of both the unions.
The associations are also demanding vocations on the pattern of doctors as mental strain and physical hardship faced by the nursing staff is similar to that of the doctors.