Nurses take Nightingale pledge at lamp lighting ceremony
- After arrest, Jitender Singh Tomar resigns as Delhi Law Minister
- Army begins operation near Myanmar border, kills militants involved in Manipur ambush
- Joint CP Mukesh Kumar Meena hits back, says he took charge at ACB under L-G's orders
- Congress president Sonia Gandhi accuses PM Modi of 'U-turns, falsehoods'
- UP minister booked for burning journalist to death over Facebook post
The lamp lighting ceremony of the 47th batch of Probationer Nurses in the School of Nursing of Command Hospital Western Command was held at Sushruta Auditorium on Saturday. Around 15 probationer nurses were introduced into the training after taking a pledge to maintain their professional loyalty. Lt Gen Sanjiv Chachra, General Officer Commanding-in-Chief, Western Command lit the lamp.
Anshul Chachra, regional president of AWWA, Maj Gen SC Godhara, Commandant Command Hospital , Brigadier Sherly Stephen , Brig MNS, WC; Brigadier J Farnandez , Principal Matron and many other senior Officers and their family were present to grace the occasion. These students were administered the Nightingale's pledge to maintain their professional loyalty followed by the showers of blessing song.
The lamp Lighting signifies the firm decision of these young students to be trained to care for the sick and wounded soldiers of the armed forces and their families at the time of peace and war. The lighting of the lamp symbolizes transfer of knowledge, skills and spirit of nursing.
Lt Gen Sanjiv Chachra motivated the students to strive to maintain the highest standards of their profession. He also exhorted the cadets to inculcate the sense of maturity, empathy, dedication and commitment and keep abreast with the latest technical advancements and scientific knowledge.
Lt General Chachra later gave away the prizes to the students and also interacted with them.