Nutan in a Whisky Glass
- All attempts being made to free soldier in Pakistan captivity: Rajnath Singh
- SC cancels Mohammad Shahabuddin's bail, orders police to take him into custody
- Congress and I stand by PM Narendra Modi: Rahul Gandhi on surgical strikes
- Bihar liquor ban: Patna HC strikes down govt's prohibition law, terms it 'illegal'
- LIVE: PM Modi calls second Cabinet Committee on Security meet
And Dev Anand on the steps of Qutub Minar. Tere Ghar ke Samne hit the right notes
play list Film: Tere Ghar Ke Samne Year: 1963
Director: Vijay Anand
Cast: Dev Anand, Nutan, Om Prakash, Rajendra Nath
Music: SD Burman
DVD: T Series play It Again
Dil ki manzil: Asha Bhosle
Dil ka bhanwar: Mohd. Rafi
Yeh tanhai hai re hai: Lata Mangeshkar
Tere ghar ke samne: Mohd Rafi, Lata Mangeshkar
Tu kahan yeh bata: Mohd Rafi
Dekho rootha naa karo: Mohd Rafi, Lata Mangeshkar
Sun le tu dil ki sadaa: Mohd Rafi
Rakesh to Sulekha: "Itna toh jaanti ho ki main tumhare liye ghar bana raha hoon. Itna aur jaan lo ki main tumhare liye ghar basana chahta hoon."
Ghar is the big pickle in Rakesh and Sulekha's love story. Their warring fathers, Lala Jagannath (Om Prakash) and Seth Karamchand (Harindranath Chattopadhyay), are engaged in a constant game of name-calling and one-upmanship. While the names they call each other range from "aenak waala akhrot" to "aloo bhukara" to "gutargoo" to well, a "halwai", the stakes are high. They have bought adjacent land plots and are in a race to come up with the bigger and better bungalow to make the other one look shabby. Both have chosen the same architect and the same design. Also, it just so happens that the architect, Rakesh, is Lalaji's son.
Vijay Anand aka Goldie writes and directs the delightful romantic comedy, Tere Ghar Ke Samne. Dev Anand and Nutan play the lovers caught in the crossfire and bring to screen the comfortable chemistry earlier displayed in Paying Guest, Manzil and Baarish. They look so good together that it's tough to imagine that Dev was 40 and that this was Nutan's first release after she took time off to give birth to her son, Mohnish Behl.
- The emergence of Akhilesh Yadav as a popular leader is an indicator of the same-old in the SP
- Poverty caused by expenditure on health has doubled in India in the past 15 years
- India’s aggressive response to Nawaz Sharif’s lies at the UN was a clear indicator of the things to come
- Let’s not allow debate about what it means to be Indian to be held hostage to jingoists and bigots
- People, policymakers can be led by subtly influencing their choice architecture
- Edit - Defining moment