Obama replaced by Jessica Simpson on magazine cover
- Ishrat Jahan fake encounter case: Javed Sheikh's father moves CBI court against Amit Shah, ex-DGP; wants them arraigned
- Editors slam Arvind Kejriwal for 'irresponsible' media remark
- I skipped rally because I was misled: Anna Hazare
- Goa court grants permission to Tarun Tejpal to meet his ailing mother
- Arvind Kejriwal alleges whole media is sold, backtracks later
US President Barack Obama has been replaced by pop singer Jessica Simpson on the cover of a popular celebrity magazine after the blonde became the centre of media attention with her weight gain.
Weekly magazine 'Us' had planned on running a photo of the Obama family on the cover of their current issue, but replaced the first family with a story about Jessica Simpson's "Weight-Gate".
But Obama laughed off the incident by saying ,"Yeah, it's a little hurtful," when he was informed about the magazine's decision to replace him with Simpson by NBC's Matt Lauer during an interview.
"Who's in a weight battle, apparently," Obama quipped, reading the magazine's cover.
The 28 year old singer Jessica Simpson became the centre of a media blitz surrounding her recent weight gain when she was clicked in Florida last week wearing high-waisted jeans and a tight black tank top.