Obama taking America down a very dangerous path: Romney
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Record 79 pc polling in Bengal; Jaswant Singh writes to EC against Raje
- Congress releases CD of Uma Bharti calling Narendra Modi 'Vinash Purush'
- Admiral Dhowan appointed as new Navy chief
- CAG empowered to examine accounts of private telecom companies: Supreme Court
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, DD vs RCB: DD steady but slow
Launching a frontal attack on US President Barack Obama, leading Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney accused him of practicing "crony capitalism" and taking the country down a very dangerous path.
"The truth is that Barack Obama is just way over his head. He is taking our country down a path that is very dangerous. He's making us more and more like a European social-welfare state.
"He's making us an entitlement society. He's taking away the rights of our citizens. He believes government should run this country," Romney said participating in a Republican presidential debate in South Carolina.
The State, which is governed by Indian American, Nikki Haley, goes to the primary on January 21. Haley has endorsed Romney.
The former Massachusetts Governor was not the only one to attack Obama.
"This is, I believe, the most dangerous President of our lifetime, and if he is reelected, after the disaster he has been, the level of radicalism of his second term will be truly frightening," alleged Newt Gingrich, the former Speaker of the US House of Representatives.
"He (Obama) has been practicing crony capitalism. And if you want to get America going again you've got to stop the spread of crony capitalism," Romney said in response to a question participating in the debate; the last one before the South Carolina primary.
"You have the Democratic Party and Barack Obama, and all he wants to do is make them more dependent, give them more food stamps, give them more medic aid," alleged Rick Santorum, the former Pennsylvania Senator.
- Activist, her aide booked for cheating in attempt to frame acquitted murder accused
- Extended Monorail running hours fails to pull crowd
- HC orders action against Essel World for causing harm to mangroves
- Cops crack bar girl’s murder case after waiter’s tip-off
- Railway to provide plastic pouches for commuter IDs
- Last safety check for Metro to begin April 18