Obama to meet victims’ families in Newtown
- Malaysia Airlines plane may have turned back before vanshing, says Air force chief
- BJP complains to EC against Rahul over RSS remarks, seeks derecognition of Congress
- Subrata Roy arrest row: The not-so-beautiful story
- Vajpayee wanted Modi to quit over Gujarat riots, but party said no: Venkaiah Naidu
- Internal battle in BJP out in open: M M Joshi seeks clarity on Varanasi seat
US President Barack Obama is set to arrive Newtown, Connecticut to meet the families of the victims of the Sandy Hook Elementary school shooting.
The President will "meet the families of those who were lost" and thank first responders, White House Press Secretary, Jay Carney, said.
"The President will also speak at an interfaith vigil for families of the victims as well as families from Sandy Hook Elementary School scheduled for 7 PM EST (5.30 am IST Monday)," Carney said in a statement.
Obama's appearance at an interfaith vigil will be watched closely for clues as to what he meant when he called for "meaningful action" to prevent such tragedies.