Octroi out by yearend: CM
- Rs 870 crore money trail: Why the Bhujbals are under scanner
- SC allows 'Make in India' event at Mumbai beach, PM to inaugurate
- Pawar defends Bhujbals, says Fadnavis govt indulging in vendetta politics
- Anupam Kher a great artiste, welcome to visit Pakistan: Abdul Basit
- Indian helicopters helped war against militants in Afghanistan: US General
CM Prithviraj Chavan said Friday octroi would be abolished in the state by December-end.
"We are gradually introducing local body tax (LBT) in all corporations. We expect to do away with octroi by the end of the year," he said at an industry summit.Maharashtra, the only state to levy local octroi, has introduced accounts-based LBT to replace it.
LBT has been introduced in municipal areas of Amravati, Akola, Ahmednagar, Ulhasnagar, Kalyan-Dombivali, Chandrapur, Parbhani, Latur and Nashik, among other corporations.
- Outcome on Section 377 will depend on composition of the Constitution bench
- Inadequate staff, payment delays undermine MGNREGA in drought-hit Mahabubnagar
- ICDS, the primary scheme targeting malnutrition, needs to be broadened
- Rohith's death must focus attention on the rites of exclusion in the university
- Telescope: State in the bedroom
- The economy is best served by lowering interest rates and blocking protectionism