Octroi out by yearend: CM
CM Prithviraj Chavan said Friday octroi would be abolished in the state by December-end.
"We are gradually introducing local body tax (LBT) in all corporations. We expect to do away with octroi by the end of the year," he said at an industry summit.Maharashtra, the only state to levy local octroi, has introduced accounts-based LBT to replace it.
LBT has been introduced in municipal areas of Amravati, Akola, Ahmednagar, Ulhasnagar, Kalyan-Dombivali, Chandrapur, Parbhani, Latur and Nashik, among other corporations.
"We are gradually introducing LBT across the state. Now, we will introduce it in Pune, Nagpur, Pimpri-Chinchwad and even Mumbai, which charges 4 per cent octroi," Chavan said.
- Need equal rights for all gender minorities: Transgenders
- Rahul questions Mamata inaction on Saradha scam
- Karnataka govt ends lockout at Toyota plants
- After Pune, BJP now raises doubts about Mumbai voters’ list
- In Etawah, SP candidate holds ears to seek forgiveness and votes
- Cong, Shia cleric supporters trade charges day after attack on MLA