Odisha government justifies Naveen Patnaik's letter on Hindalco's Plea
- EC issues show cause notice to Mulayam Singh Yadav for violation of poll code
- BJP relents to Chandrababu Naidu's demands, alliance likely to continue
- Azam Khan threatens to move Supreme Court, slams EC's relief to Amit Shah
- PMO defends Manmohan Singh, says GDP has grown three times during UPA rule
- IPL 7: KXIP chase 206, beat CSK by six wickets
Claiming that Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik has done nothing wrong by urging Prime Minister Manmohan Singh to examine Hindalco's plea for a coal block, an Odisha minister on Saturday accused Congress of a 'disinformation campaign' against the BJD chief.
"Patnaik has done nothing wrong. Writing to the Prime Minister on issues is a practice which all chief ministers do. There is a disinformation campaign against Patnaik by Congress leaders who cannot tolerate Odisha government being praised for effective handling of cyclone Phailin," Agriculture minister Debi Prasad Mishra told reporters here.
Releasing letters written by Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan in 2007, Punjab Chief Minister Captain Amarinder Singh in 2007, Prakash Singh Badal in 2007, Union Power Minister Sushilkumar Shinde in 2007 and Union
Food Processing Industries Minister, 2008, the minister claimed that many chief ministers and ministers have made requests to the Prime Minister favouring coal blocks for some company or the other.
"Therefore, we do not think to support allotment of a coal block to any private industries in the state is wrong," Mishra said alleging that the 'information' that CBI will grill Patnaik was aimed to tarnish his image.
Demanding withdrawal of statements made by certain Congress and BJP leaders over the episode, Mishra said "The BJP must retrospect on its stand as party's chief minister Raman Singh has also made similar recommendations."
The Prime Minister's Office has meanwhile said there was no wrongdoing in Hindalco coal block allocation, he said.
Blaming CBI, BJD MP Pinaki Mishra said "It is a caged parrot which has been part of the disinformation against Naveen at the instruction of its political masters.
"It is a mischief done by Congress who cannot tolerate international acclaim for Naveen in the post-cyclone period," the BJD MP alleged.
- As EC website crashes due to overload, party workers use apps to locate voters
- An entire society in Kothrud could not vote
- Chaos, anger across city over missing names
- Mulayam pushes third front, says will stake claim to PM post
- Don’t look at my candidates, votes for me: Maya to Dalits
- AAP biggies focus on Vishwas, Kejri seats, other units suffer