Odisha: Headmaster arrested for attempting to molest Class X girl
- Janata Parivar Wedding: PM Narendra Modi 'showstopper' at Saifai
- Sena defends Modi suit auction, says see what amount Rahul's wardrobe would fetch
- The net widens: Top executives from five firms, two consultants arrested
- After Manjhi anti-climax, Nitish begins second act: ‘With folded hands, sorry’
- Congress yet to apologise for coal loss, says PM Narendra Modi
The headmaster of a school in Odisha's Ganjam district was arrested on Friday for allegedly attempting to molest a Class X girl.
Kameswara Mohanty, the headmaster of Basudev Government High School in Dhaugaon, has also been suspended by the district authorities after several villagers complained against him, sources said.
"We have arrested the headmaster and booked him under section 354 of the IPC. At least 12 villagers have lodged FIR against him," Sub-Divisional Police Officer (SDPO) Aska Sarah Sharma said.
The headmaster was put under suspension after a number of parents complained against him, district education officer (DEO) Santosh Kumar Patra said.
A number of villagers on Thursday staged a demonstration demanding action against the headmaster. They blocked road, gheraoed the school and detained Mohanty for hours.
The 57-year-old headmaster allegedly tried to molest a Class X girl student on the campus on Thursday and was caught by some parents.