Odisha: Headmaster arrested for attempting to molest Class X girl
- Malaysia Airlines plane with 5 Indians onboard missing, presumed crashed off Vietnam coast
- Bharatiya Janata Party releases second list of candidates for Lok Sabha elections
- No compromise with live-ins or gay rights, moral values supreme: RSS
- In Mumbai, new warship system malfunctions, Navy officer killed
- I'm not a terrorist, Modi should have met me: Arvind Kejriwal
The headmaster of a school in Odisha's Ganjam district was arrested on Friday for allegedly attempting to molest a Class X girl.
Kameswara Mohanty, the headmaster of Basudev Government High School in Dhaugaon, has also been suspended by the district authorities after several villagers complained against him, sources said.
"We have arrested the headmaster and booked him under section 354 of the IPC. At least 12 villagers have lodged FIR against him," Sub-Divisional Police Officer (SDPO) Aska Sarah Sharma said.
The headmaster was put under suspension after a number of parents complained against him, district education officer (DEO) Santosh Kumar Patra said.
A number of villagers on Thursday staged a demonstration demanding action against the headmaster. They blocked road, gheraoed the school and detained Mohanty for hours.
The 57-year-old headmaster allegedly tried to molest a Class X girl student on the campus on Thursday and was caught by some parents.
- Chai pe Charcha gets police protection, EC officials to check on poll norm violation
- Complaint against Kejriwal: Kutch cops gather evidence
- AAP chief to hold first public meeting in Gujarat today
- Nominations for North Bangalore primary begin
- ‘Our campaigning in the state will be out of the box’
- ‘Aai Retire Hotey’ to take the stage for 100th time today