Odisha: Headmaster arrested for attempting to molest Class X girl
- Vote for Supriya Sule or lose water, âthreatensâ Ajit Pawar
- Nobel laureate Gabriel Garcia Marquez dies at 87
- 5th phase of elections: Moderate to high turnout on biggest voting day
- Dhowan takes over as Navy Chief, superseded Sinha resigns
- Election Commission lifts ban on BJP leader Amit Shah after he promises to behave
The headmaster of a school in Odisha's Ganjam district was arrested on Friday for allegedly attempting to molest a Class X girl.
Kameswara Mohanty, the headmaster of Basudev Government High School in Dhaugaon, has also been suspended by the district authorities after several villagers complained against him, sources said.
"We have arrested the headmaster and booked him under section 354 of the IPC. At least 12 villagers have lodged FIR against him," Sub-Divisional Police Officer (SDPO) Aska Sarah Sharma said.
The headmaster was put under suspension after a number of parents complained against him, district education officer (DEO) Santosh Kumar Patra said.
A number of villagers on Thursday staged a demonstration demanding action against the headmaster. They blocked road, gheraoed the school and detained Mohanty for hours.
The 57-year-old headmaster allegedly tried to molest a Class X girl student on the campus on Thursday and was caught by some parents.
- As EC website crashes due to overload, party workers use apps to locate voters
- An entire society in Kothrud could not vote
- Chaos, anger across city over missing names
- Mulayam pushes third front, says will stake claim to PM post
- Don’t look at my candidates, votes for me: Maya to Dalits
- AAP biggies focus on Vishwas, Kejri seats, other units suffer