Man arrested for uploading photo of Lord Hanuman atop mosque on Facebook
- JD(U) rules out tie-up, Lalu starts own campaign, clock ticks down for Congress
- In UP, Modi takes on Mulayam, says SP misleading people under veil of secularism
- Rahul Gandhi's ordinance shortcut loses way
- Vigilance complaints pile up as Delhi Police doesnât know password
- PM Manmohan heads for Myanmar today in his last likely official trip abroad
A 20-year-old youth was arrested on charge of uploading an objectionable picture on the Facebook, police said on Saturday.
Pintu Sahu was taken to custody by Brahmanitarang police yesterday for posting an objectionable picture on his Facebook account, they said.
The picture showed "Lord Hanuman sitting atop a mosque" and the picture was posted on December 6, the day the Babri shrine was demolished, they said.
As tension was brewing among the community over the controversial picture, the police took Pintu into custody.
"We got the smell of tension. Three software specialists were pressed into service to find out the source of the controversial picture. Finally, Pintu Sahu's account was located," informed the Sub-Divisional Police Officer (SDPO) of Rourkela S S Sethi.
Sahu was picked up and arrested, Sethi said adding that he had been booked under the provisions of IT Act besides section 153(A), 295(A) and 298 of IPC for fomenting enmity between two communities and disturbing the peaceful atmosphere of the society.
- War in Congress: Old soldiers fight Rahul brigade | The Indian Express
- Aam Aadmi Party Lok Sabha 2014 Candidates – Full list
- ‘Allegations against Somnath Bharti prime facie correct, police justified in refusing Khirki Extension raid’
- Clash of the stalwarts: Uttar Pradesh set for Modi, Kejriwal rallies today