- Mulayam asks teaching assistants to vote SP, EC sees a 'violation'
- BJP relents to Chandrababu Naidu's demands, alliance likely to continue
- Azam Khan threatens to move Supreme Court, slams EC's relief to Amit Shah
- PMO defends Manmohan Singh, says GDP has grown three times during UPA rule
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, RR vs SRH: RR struggle in modest chase against SRH
c The government transferred Murlidhar Dubey, who was Director General of Youth Welfare, as Special Secretary and Director of Public Undertaking Bureau. PCS official Ram Mohan Yadav was posted as new DG of Youth Welfare. Sonbhadra Chief Development Officer Ram Kishan Uttam was removed and kept in waiting.
Woman sets two children, self on fire
Lucknow: A woman set her two children on fire before immolating herself following an altercation with her sister-in-law in Bidhnu area of Kanpur on Monday noon. While the kids died, the woman is battling for life at a hospital. Station officer of Bidhnu police station, Ranjit Yadav said that Geeta Nishad (30) of Sambhua locality had entered in an altercation with her sister-in-law over routine work at home Monday morning. Angry over the fracas, Geeta locked herself inside her room along with her daughter Lakshmi (3) and son Brindavan (1) and poured kerosene on her children and herself. She set the kids on fire before immolating herself, Yadav added. The SO said that the woman and her children suffered over 70 per cent burns before family members and the locals broke into the room and rescued them.
14 more dead in cold
Lucknow: Extreme cold claimed 14 more lives in various parts of Uttar Pradesh bringing the toll this winter to 83. Despite a sunny afternoon which provided the much needed respite to people, the chill claimed three lives each in Jalaun and Bhadohi, two each in Azamgarh, Bahraich and Shrawasti and one each in Gazipur and Sonebhadra.Met office reports said that maximum temperatures were below normal by four to 10 degree celsius at one or two places in the state. Night temperatures fell appreciably in Lucknow division. Sources forecast that weather would be mainly dry and fog would occur at one or two places over the state.
- L-G green light for proposal to make helmets mandatory for women
- Ready for elections: Parties
- As EC website crashes due to overload, party workers use apps to locate voters
- An entire society in Kothrud could not vote
- Chaos, anger across city over missing names
- Mulayam pushes third front, says will stake claim to PM post