Official suspended for not filing FIR in minor's rape case
- Why Germanwings flight A320 might have crashed over the French Alps
- Indian Navy surveillance aircraft crashes in Goa; two officers missing
- Section 66A: 21 individuals whose petitions changed the system
- Government is willing to compromise on land bill: Venkaiah Naidu
- A little reminder: No one in House debated Section 66A, Congress brought it and BJP backed it
An education department official has been suspended in connection with the alleged rape of a 17-year-old girl by a teacher in Nagri development block area of Dhamtari district, a senior official said today.
"Circle Centre (Sankul Kendra) Coordinator Ramesh Kumar Nagesh has been suspended for dereliction of duty," Dhamtari Collector N S Mandavi told PTI.
"Despite having information about the alleged sexual exploitation of the girl by an assistant teacher (panchayat) posted in the government high school of Nagri development block area, he (Ramesh Kumar) did not inform about it to senior officers and did not even file an FIR in police station," the Collector said.
The minor girl, studying at the Government High School, had lodged an FIR on Sunday that she was allegedly raped on December 13 last year by the teacher - Hemant Kumar Chaurasiya (25) - following which he was arrested.
The district administration has also served a show cause notice to Block Education Officer (BEO) Deepak Anandikar, Prinicpal in-charge of the school Rasikmanjri Nagwanshi and Principal Govt HS School Belargaon Prabha Thakur in connection with the offence.