Official suspended for not filing FIR in minor's rape case
- BJP manifesto pledges good governance, talks of constructing Ram Temple, abrogating Article 370
- Elections 2014 LIVE: BJP's manifesto in tune with RSS' agenda, says CPI; Lakhs of farmers have committed suicide in your country, says Modi
- Revenge remark: EC issues notice to Amit Shah
- Coal block scam: CVC Pradeep Kumar recuses himself from SC probe panel
- Naidu stirs hornet's nest with BJP tie-up, releases first list of candidates cautiously
An education department official has been suspended in connection with the alleged rape of a 17-year-old girl by a teacher in Nagri development block area of Dhamtari district, a senior official said today.
"Circle Centre (Sankul Kendra) Coordinator Ramesh Kumar Nagesh has been suspended for dereliction of duty," Dhamtari Collector N S Mandavi told PTI.
"Despite having information about the alleged sexual exploitation of the girl by an assistant teacher (panchayat) posted in the government high school of Nagri development block area, he (Ramesh Kumar) did not inform about it to senior officers and did not even file an FIR in police station," the Collector said.
The minor girl, studying at the Government High School, had lodged an FIR on Sunday that she was allegedly raped on December 13 last year by the teacher - Hemant Kumar Chaurasiya (25) - following which he was arrested.
The district administration has also served a show cause notice to Block Education Officer (BEO) Deepak Anandikar, Prinicpal in-charge of the school Rasikmanjri Nagwanshi and Principal Govt HS School Belargaon Prabha Thakur in connection with the offence.
- Ukraine says Russia fomenting eastern unrest
- Liquor worth Rs 4.85 cr seized in MP ahead of LS polls
- Man held with foreign currency worth Rs 38 lakh at airport
- Candidates steering towards auto unions to rev up support
- ‘Will send builders of illegal structures to jail’
- To root out corruption, vote for change and give the new face a chance, says Bains