Officials warned against ferrying family
- Why Germanwings flight A320 might have crashed over the French Alps
- Indian Navy surveillance aircraft crashes in Goa; two officers missing
- Section 66A: 21 individuals whose petitions changed the system
- Government is willing to compromise on land bill: Venkaiah Naidu
- A little reminder: No one in House debated Section 66A, Congress brought it and BJP backed it
Divisional Commissioner of Allahabad Devesh Chaturvedi on Friday issued warned officers that strict action would be taken against them if found ferrying their family members or relatives in official vehicles on Maghi Purnima snan on February 25.
At a meeting to review the preparations ahead of another significant bathing day, the commissioner made it clear that on February 25 only police and administration vehicles, which are on duty, would be allowed to ply in the Mela area.
Earlier, on Basant Panchami, a controversy had arisen when DIG Navneet Sikera and DG (BSF) Subhash Joshi reached the main bathing ghat in their official vehicles, even as entry of vehicles was banned.
The commissioner also asked the departments concerned to be prepared for rain that has been predicted for February 24.