Old grant bungalows: No mutation for 4 years, repair plans await nod
- âTehseen names new Indian Mujahideen duo in 2010 Jama Masjid shootingâ
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Narendra Modi, Nitish Kumar face-off in Bihar's Nawada today
- SC junks Centreâs plea, stands by order to grant life to Rajiv Gandhi's killers
- After BJP ticket, Smriti Irani becomes target of mockery by Kumar Vishwas
- 8.2 magnitude earthquake strikes off Chile; tsunami alert issued
The residents of old grant bungalows and leased properties some of the most prominent locations on the terrain of the Pune Cantonment Board say they are troubled, accusing the Local Military Authorities (LMA) and the Defence Estates Office (DEO) of delaying mutations, registrations and approvals to reconstructions and repairs.
The delay, say residents, has led to a number of problems. "Fallen roofs/ walls, ownership issues, loss of individual money and many such problems have been compelling us to say that they were better off during the British rule," says one of the residents.
It may be noted that no mutation has been carried out for the last four years, while almost 12 building plans approved by the Pune Cantonment Board (PCB) and the DEO for reconstruction have been awaiting the final nod for three years.
According to Vilas Parmar, his father Kantilal Parmar bought Parvati Villa (Bungalow No. 5) from its then occupants in the 1980s for Rs 15 lakh. While Kantilal Parmar passed away in April 2012, Vilas, in a letter dated November 19, 2009, to the DEO, Pune circle, requested to execute a gift deed of the property in his favour.
"Till date, the mutation has not been done by the DEO, Pune circle. We wrote to the PCB and the DEO in 2010 asking for a permission to renovate the bungalow, which has been in a dilapidated condition. In 2009, we made a plan for reconstruction of the bungalow which was approved by the PCB in six months and subsequently by the DEO. The DEO then sent the plan to the HQ Southern Command for an NOC. The plan has been lying untouched since then," says Vilas.
On December 12, he was sent a notice by the PCB for carrying out works that involved touching up the fallen roof of the bungalow. "Whenever we ask the DEO/HQSC about sanctioning the plan, they say we will resume your bungalow. We are not given any reason as to why the NOC is not being issued. They are probably not giving NOCs because of the scams that have taken place in connection with defence land," said Vilas, a businessman.
- ‘Fake’ MBA admission: Iranian girl untraceable as cops busy with polls
- To avoid election duty, teachers flock to doctors to get medical certificates
- Arun Bhatia hopes to get third time lucky
- Congress complains against Narendra Modi for poll code violation
- Flying squads deployed to check flow of liquor and gifts yet to spot offenders
- Flaunt the indelible ink on your finger, and get freebies