Om Prakash Chautala's son Abhay Singh accuses Cong of framing his father
- N-Korea says rocket launch a success, Kwangmyong 4 placed into orbit
- Kerala solar scam: Saritha Nair, the woman at the centre of the scandal
- Beef license for foreigners? Haryana govt may soon issue special permits
- As US lifts sanctions, Iran wants India to pay oil dues in euros
- Mumbai set to get India’s first international arbitration centre
Indian National Lok Dal MLA Abhay Singh Chautala today accused Congress of misusing CBI to "frame" his father and former Haryana chief minister Om Prakash Chautala in the teachers' appointment scam.
"In order to hide its weaknesses and because of growing popularity of my father, the Congress has framed him (Om Prakash Chautala) in the Junior Basic Teacher (JBT) appointment scam by misusing CBI," he said.
Chautala, who is also Indian Olympic Association (IOA) President, was talking to reporters after inaugurating National Taekwando Championship here.
He said if the recruitment of 3,200 JBTs was wrong then why were they given promotions.
"If my father had done something wrong then they (JBTs) should have been sacked from the job or not given promotion," Abhay said refusing to take queries from reporters.
The former Haryana chief minister, his MLA son Ajay and 53 others, including two IAS officers Vidya Dhar and Sanjiv Kumar, were convicted on January 16 on corruption and other charges by a Delhi court for illegally recruiting 3,206 junior teachers 12 years back, and were sent to Tihar Jail.
Both the Chautalas along with others were convicted of illegally recruiting 3,206 junior basic trained (JBT) teachers in the state in 2000.
- We have turned our back to the intense food and drinking water distress
- Strategies anchored in incubators fail to foster entrepreneurship
- Existing regime of film censorship is unconstitutional
- Section 377: A right to love
- PM Oli has been lucky, but his political survival looks uncertain
- Across the aisle- MGNREGA: Making a meal of words