Omar Abdullah challenges Narendra Modi for a debate on Article 370 anytime
- Dawood's hanging would have satisfied us more: Family of 93 blasts victim
- Terrorists who attacked Gurdaspur came from Pakistan: Rajnath Singh
- Nation bids tearful adieu to former president APJ Abdul Kalam
- Why this unseemly hurry in Yakub execution: Prashant Bhushan
- Taliban confirms leader Mullah Omar's death, new successor already in place
Omar was addressing a public rally organised to mark the 108th birth anniversary of National Conference founder Sheikh Mohammad Abdullah in Srinagar.
He said Narendra Modi lacked basic knowledge about the Shia community, whose cause he had tried to champion during his speech in Jammu.
"You talked about Shias and said injustice is being done to the community. Now tell me Modi sahib, what do you know about Shias?
The Gujarat Chief Minister does not know whether the month of Muharram is a period of mourning or celebration.
"I was surprised to see a statement issued by his government congratulating the Muslims of his state on Muharram and claiming that Muslims of Gujarat were celebrating the occasion with fervor. This is your knowledge," he said.
"And you forgot the section of the society which you tried your best to represent. You did not make even a passing mention about the Kashmiri pandits," he said.