Omar Abdullah challenges Narendra Modi for a debate on Article 370 anytime
- In Karnataka, Modi hits back at Rahul over balloon jibe on Gujarat model, asks if he trusts Sonia
- 'Deeply saddened' over his expulsion, Jaswant Singh says BJP has lost its vision
- Sabir Ali steps up attack on Naqvi, says the BJP leader should prove allegations or apologise
- Five pending cases against Congress' Imran Masood
- ICC World Twenty20: Yuvraj Singh, Ashwin make it 4/4
Omar was addressing a public rally organised to mark the 108th birth anniversary of National Conference founder Sheikh Mohammad Abdullah in Srinagar.
He said Narendra Modi lacked basic knowledge about the Shia community, whose cause he had tried to champion during his speech in Jammu.
"You talked about Shias and said injustice is being done to the community. Now tell me Modi sahib, what do you know about Shias?
The Gujarat Chief Minister does not know whether the month of Muharram is a period of mourning or celebration.
"I was surprised to see a statement issued by his government congratulating the Muslims of his state on Muharram and claiming that Muslims of Gujarat were celebrating the occasion with fervor. This is your knowledge," he said.
"And you forgot the section of the society which you tried your best to represent. You did not make even a passing mention about the Kashmiri pandits," he said.
- AAP thought running government a child's play: Sonia Gandhi
- BJP complains to EC on derogatory remarks against Hema Malini on Facebook
- Fight from Varanasi if you want to stop Modi: RUC to Mulayam
- EC disqualfies 48 contesting candidates including ex-MP in J&K
- BJP gives TDP 24-hours to seal Andhra Pradesh alliance
- DGCA to keep an eye on air charter firms flying politicians