Omar Abdullah challenges Narendra Modi for a debate on Article 370 anytime
- Malaysia signals missing plane carrying 239 including 5 Indians has crashed
- Internal battle in BJP out in open: M M Joshi seeks clarity on Varanasi seat
- Subrata Roy arrest row: The not-so-beautiful story
- Vajpayee wanted Modi to quit over Gujarat riots, but party said no: Venkaiah Naidu
- Rest in freeze: Is Ashutosh Maharaj 40-day âclinically deadâ or a guru in a very long meditation?
Omar was addressing a public rally organised to mark the 108th birth anniversary of National Conference founder Sheikh Mohammad Abdullah in Srinagar.
He said Narendra Modi lacked basic knowledge about the Shia community, whose cause he had tried to champion during his speech in Jammu.
"You talked about Shias and said injustice is being done to the community. Now tell me Modi sahib, what do you know about Shias?
The Gujarat Chief Minister does not know whether the month of Muharram is a period of mourning or celebration.
"I was surprised to see a statement issued by his government congratulating the Muslims of his state on Muharram and claiming that Muslims of Gujarat were celebrating the occasion with fervor. This is your knowledge," he said.
"And you forgot the section of the society which you tried your best to represent. You did not make even a passing mention about the Kashmiri pandits," he said.