Omar Abdullah forcing Kashmir people onto their knees: Mehbooba Mufti
- Telangana LIVE: Bill passed by throwing all norms to the wind, says Kiran Kumar Reddy after quitting Congress
- Protests in RS over Telangana, papers snatched from Secretary General
- Rajiv Gandhi killers to be released, Jayalalithaa takes decision at Tamil Nadu Cabinet meet
- Decision to black out Telangana proceedings taken by Lok Sabha secretariat, confirms Kamal Nath
- Express 5: AAP kickstarts its poll funding drive and Telangana Bill passed in Lok Sabha
Accusing Omar Abdullah government of bending people of Kashmir on the knees, opposition People's Democratic Party today boycotted the ongoing budget session of the State Legislative Assembly in protest over Centre's refusal to handover body of the Parliament attack convict Afzal Guru to his family for last rites.
"Isn't it a matter of shame for us that we have not been able to get back Afzal Guru's body to his family?" asked PDP leader Mehbooba Multi during question hour in the Legislative Assembly. "Lanat hai humare liye ki hum uski family to insane nahin dila paye," she said.
Criticizing Omar Abdullah government for having failed to get back Guru's body to his family and it's inept handling of the situation arising after his hanging, she said that "you have made Manama Gandhi's Kashmir on its knees". "if we don't rake up the issue here then where will we speak. For what the people have elected us here," she asked and later staging walkout from the House along with her other party leaders after uproarious scenes for nearly half an hour.
Outside the House, she accused Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde of being arrogant in vice of his outright refusal to handover Guru's body to his family members in the Valley. Referring to his statement that sending body to Valley will lead to law and order problem there, she asked him that did he not visualise it while hanging him?
The PDP leader accused Shined of suffering front foot and mouth disease. He first talked about Saffron terror and later named rape victims in Parliament, she pointed out.
Afzal Guru was taken out of the queue and hanged to divert attention of people of the country from these issues, she pointed out.
- LS polls: Cong playing wait-and-watch game in dozen-plus seats in state
- ‘Rs 2.3 cr spent on bungalow for former Prez, but that’s no loss to exchequer’
- 9 illegal immigrants working on Army premises nabbed
- BJP’s Saurashtra unit split wide open over former minister’s snub
- Modi: Happy that my speeches contribute to nation’s coffers
- The regressive state