Omar Abdullah forcing Kashmir people onto their knees: Mehbooba Mufti
- CBI arrests Peter Mukerjea, says he was aware of Sheena Bora murder
- Pay panel suggests 23.55% hike, minimum pay of Rs 18,000 per month
- Paris attacks 'mastermind' Abdelhamid Abaaoud died in Saint-Denis raid
- HS Phoolka releases video of Rajiv Gandhi's speech justifying 1984 riots
- Rahul accuses PM, dares govt to take action on citizenship row
Accusing Omar Abdullah government of bending people of Kashmir on the knees, opposition People's Democratic Party today boycotted the ongoing budget session of the State Legislative Assembly in protest over Centre's refusal to handover body of the Parliament attack convict Afzal Guru to his family for last rites.
"Isn't it a matter of shame for us that we have not been able to get back Afzal Guru's body to his family?" asked PDP leader Mehbooba Multi during question hour in the Legislative Assembly. "Lanat hai humare liye ki hum uski family to insane nahin dila paye," she said.
Criticizing Omar Abdullah government for having failed to get back Guru's body to his family and it's inept handling of the situation arising after his hanging, she said that "you have made Manama Gandhi's Kashmir on its knees". "if we don't rake up the issue here then where will we speak. For what the people have elected us here," she asked and later staging walkout from the House along with her other party leaders after uproarious scenes for nearly half an hour.
Outside the House, she accused Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde of being arrogant in vice of his outright refusal to handover Guru's body to his family members in the Valley. Referring to his statement that sending body to Valley will lead to law and order problem there, she asked him that did he not visualise it while hanging him?
The PDP leader accused Shined of suffering front foot and mouth disease. He first talked about Saffron terror and later named rape victims in Parliament, she pointed out.
- What Mr Mani Shankar Aiyar won’t say
- Results of local elections indicate that the BSP is regaining ground in UP
- The idea of Bihar: Social justice cohesion should be consolidated further
- Why the British commemorate Tipu Sultan
- Why my newspaper responded to Assam Rifles notice
- India is indebted to Shanti Bhushan for undoing Indira Gandhi’s 42nd Amendment