'Omar Abdullah's advice was ignored on Afzal Guru hanging'
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
UPA ally National Conference on Wednesday criticised the government on the issue of hanging of Afzal Guru, saying the demand of Jammu and Kashmir CM Omar Abdullah to delay the execution to avoid law and order problem in the state was ignored.
Towing his party's stand on the issue, NC member Mirza Mehboob Beg said the hanging of the assassins of Rajiv Gandhi and former Punjab chief minister Beant Singh was delayed after the Tamil Nadu and the Punjab governments claimed it could lead to law and order problems.
He said the Centre ignored the J&K CM's advice that Guru's hanging could create law and order crisis in the state. "He (Abdullah) finds it difficult to answer questions... He is facing problems," Beg said while participating in the discussion on Motion of Thanks to the President's address.
He said Prime Minister Manmohan Singh should ensure that Afzal's body is returned to his family.
- â€˜Someone should remind the CM weâ€™re also aam aadmi. But theyâ€™ve turned us intoÂ demonsâ€™
- Kapil Sibal to contest from Chandni Chowk in 2014, even if Arvind Kejriwal inÂ fray
- AAP names Bharti victims, uploads eight videos targeting Africans in Delhi
- Arvind Kejriwal likely to pass Jan Lokpal Bill in February, says the fight for new independence hasÂ begun