Omar is ‘wailing widow’, govt a ‘headless chicken’: Mehbooba
- David Headley connects the dots: Hafiz Saeed, ISI, failed Mumbai attacks
- David Headley: Travelled to India 8 times, changed name for passport
- Rs 1.14 lakh crore of bad debts: The great government bank write-off
- Caste came up in 3 suicide probes at Hyderabad University
- Uttar Pradesh has been turned into 'Islamic state': Sena mouthpiece on Ghulam Ali concert
At a time when the Kashmir valley is reeling under an intense cold wave and power crisis, Chief Minister Omar Abdullah and the PDP have entered into a war of words. After criticism from the Opposition over the "mis-management" in handling the crisis, Omar had tweeted on Monday that it, in fact, was a "compliment". On Tuesday, PDP chief Mehbooba Mufti called him a "wailing widow".
She said the CM is giving out an impression of a "headless chicken" and went on to say, "He (Omar) has learned the art of 'widow wailing' whenever there is a crisis."
Calling the power cut to the VVIP colony on Gupkar road a "publicity stunt", she said no minister except the CM and she herself was present in the valley at the time of the crisis. "This was a childish response to the crisis."
- We have turned our back to the intense food and drinking water distress
- Strategies anchored in incubators fail to foster entrepreneurship
- Existing regime of film censorship is unconstitutional
- Section 377: A right to love
- PM Oli has been lucky, but his political survival looks uncertain
- Across the aisle- MGNREGA: Making a meal of words