Omar is ‘wailing widow’, govt a ‘headless chicken’: Mehbooba
- Dadri: Outrage after mob lynches man for allegedly consuming beef
- At United Nations, Pak PM Sharif plays his old tune on Kashmir
- 2006 Mumbai train blasts: Death sentence for 5 convicts, life for 7
- Modi's foreign visits need to be backed up with action on ground: Rajan
- Diesel rates up by 50 paise from midnight tonight, no change in petrol price
At a time when the Kashmir valley is reeling under an intense cold wave and power crisis, Chief Minister Omar Abdullah and the PDP have entered into a war of words. After criticism from the Opposition over the "mis-management" in handling the crisis, Omar had tweeted on Monday that it, in fact, was a "compliment". On Tuesday, PDP chief Mehbooba Mufti called him a "wailing widow".
She said the CM is giving out an impression of a "headless chicken" and went on to say, "He (Omar) has learned the art of 'widow wailing' whenever there is a crisis."
Calling the power cut to the VVIP colony on Gupkar road a "publicity stunt", she said no minister except the CM and she herself was present in the valley at the time of the crisis. "This was a childish response to the crisis."