Omar is ‘wailing widow’, govt a ‘headless chicken’: Mehbooba
- Pakistan court declares 26/11 accused Zaki-ur-Rehman Lakhvi's detention void
- Chairs broken, MLAs faint in Kerala Assembly as Finance Minister KM Mani presents budget
- ‘Love jihad’ gets a Bengal reply: Bahu lao, Beti bachao, ‘purify’ Muslim brides
- Kolkata Park Street rape victim dies
- LIVE: PM Modi arrives in Sri Lanka; assures visa on arrival for Lankan nationals
At a time when the Kashmir valley is reeling under an intense cold wave and power crisis, Chief Minister Omar Abdullah and the PDP have entered into a war of words. After criticism from the Opposition over the "mis-management" in handling the crisis, Omar had tweeted on Monday that it, in fact, was a "compliment". On Tuesday, PDP chief Mehbooba Mufti called him a "wailing widow".
She said the CM is giving out an impression of a "headless chicken" and went on to say, "He (Omar) has learned the art of 'widow wailing' whenever there is a crisis."
Calling the power cut to the VVIP colony on Gupkar road a "publicity stunt", she said no minister except the CM and she herself was present in the valley at the time of the crisis. "This was a childish response to the crisis."
Mehbooba alleged the government had defamed Kashmiris and tried to survive despite "disastrous performance". "In last three years, governance is going from bad to worse," she said. "This government is running like a headless chicken." "It has two achievements. One is how to survive in spite of its disastrous performance. The other is they have defamed the people. In the first year, there was Shopian tragedy and they defamed women of Kashmir. In 2010, they defamed children and called them drug-addicts."SHEIKH SALEEM