Omar is ‘wailing widow’, govt a ‘headless chicken’: Mehbooba
- PM Modi discusses GST bill with Manmohan, Sonia at 7 RCR; Cong says demands non-political
- Withdraw convocation invite to Narendra Modi: Jamia Millia alumni to VC
- PoK will remain with Pakistan, J&K will remain with India: Farooq Abdullah
- Liquor ban in Bihar: Nitish Kumar's poll promise to women comes at a high cost
- Amarinder Singh appointed as new Punjab Cong President
At a time when the Kashmir valley is reeling under an intense cold wave and power crisis, Chief Minister Omar Abdullah and the PDP have entered into a war of words. After criticism from the Opposition over the "mis-management" in handling the crisis, Omar had tweeted on Monday that it, in fact, was a "compliment". On Tuesday, PDP chief Mehbooba Mufti called him a "wailing widow".
She said the CM is giving out an impression of a "headless chicken" and went on to say, "He (Omar) has learned the art of 'widow wailing' whenever there is a crisis."
Calling the power cut to the VVIP colony on Gupkar road a "publicity stunt", she said no minister except the CM and she herself was present in the valley at the time of the crisis. "This was a childish response to the crisis."
- Why every patriot should be worried, and, yes, ashamed
- Douglass North emphasised institutions when markets were the focus
- ‘Bovine Divine’ controversy lurched between the horrific and the comic
- PM Modi’s achievements abroad appear to cut little ice back home
- Post 13/11 sloganeering at Antalya and Kuala Lumpur won’t be enough
- Can Parliament be insulated from the vagaries of the political climate?