Omar wants Raina to play for J&K, offers plot for him
- Siachen avalanche: Lance Naik Hanamanthappa passes away three days after miraculous rescue
- Dr RK Pachauri goes on leave as TERI Chancellor, won't attend March 7 convocation
- Ishrat Jahan's mother on Headley deposition: Ploy by those guilty to salvage their names
- Write-offs a scam, small loans rarely in it, says former RBI Deputy Governor
- David Headley received money from ISI, LeT and Dr Rana
Suresh Raina might be busy with Team India's post-World Cup bash but Jammu & Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah is planning to reward the dashing left-hander with a residential 'plot of land' in Srinagar for his batting heroics.
In a post on Twitter, the Chief Minister said he would want Raina to play for Jammu & Kashmir and would offer him a residential plot.
"I would love to have him (Suresh Raina) play for J&K. We need a mascot & the state would be happy to reward a plot in Srinagar also," Omar said on Twitter.
Omar announced this after he received a tweet informing him about Raina's Kashmir connection. "Other than his surname, please tell me his Kashmir connection so one can decide," Omar enquired.
Suresh Raina and his family lived in Rainawari neighborhood of Srinagar's volatile downtown till the late '80s. The family later moved to Ghaziabad in Uttar Pradesh.
Raina has never played for Jammu & Kashmir in the domestic circuit but has been representing Uttar Pradesh. He played a crucial role in India's World Cup win, playing crucial cameos against Australia and Pakistan.
The Chief Minister also commented on team Mahendra Singh Dhoni's bald style. "Thanks to Dhoni, bald men will still be style icons, if only temporarily" Omar said in his tweet.
Omar had tweeted on almost all key cricket matches through the World Cup, culminating with an ecstatic tweet: "Stunning Finish".