'Omnishambles' is word of year: Oxford
- In Textiles Ministry, a tussle brews between Smriti Irani and Secretary
- VK Singh tried to deny me promotion via false charges, malafide intent: Army Chief Dalbir Singh
- Rio Olympics: Sakshi Malik wins bronze in women's wrestling 58kg category, opens India's account
- PM Modi, Amit Shah lay foundation stone for new BJP headquarters in New Delhi
- CRPF says it has fired over 3000 pellet cartridges in Kashmir since July 8
The editors said 'gif' was being recognised for making the crucial transition from noun to verb, 'to gif': to create a gif file of an image or video sequence, especially relating to an event. And, inevitably, to share it online.
Cute kittens, Olympic champions, President Obama have all been the subject of a 'gif'.
- Instead of waiting for talent to appear, we must create a national sports culture
- We need to think creatively about the proposed defence university
- Baloch nationalists have always wished to be treated as an entity separate from Pakistan
- Balochistan and Kashmir have become key strategic points in Sino-Pak ties
- Playing the Baloch card: We have acknowledged that India, Pakistan are deeply hyphenated
- Sharmila is the doer who breaks a grand vow to protect the greater common good