On Day 1 of meet, Parivar keeps off PM nominee issue
- Not RSSâ job to chant âNamo, Namoâ, canât cross limits for BJP: Mohan Bhagwat
- Missing Malaysia Airlines: âFakeâ passports mystery deepens
- Mocking Nitishâs âPM hopesâ, Modi woos Muslims, Yadavs
- Arvind Kejriwal accused of influencing TV interview
- Dalit teen canât pay to cheat in exam, immolates himself
RSS and its 13 affiliate organisations began brainstorming sessions in the capital on Sunday and BJP parliamentary board members including Narendra Modi, who is being projected as the probable prime ministerial candidate, attended. Sources claimed there was no discussion on the BJP's prime ministerial candidate.
Modi left for Gujarat late in the afternoon. Shekhar Gupta's column: The Congress's Modi
The meeting is likely to discuss the political situation when RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat joins them on Monday. Modi supporters expect the issue of BJP's prime ministerial candidate to also come up for discussion on Monday. Express Editorial: BJP's moment of transition
RSS sources earlier said not all RSS-affiliated organisations have been called for the meeting and only representatives of those with a mass base, like farmers, have been invited. "The aim is to coordinate efforts of mass-based organisations in the election year and exchange views," an RSS source confided.
"The meeting will provide a feedback for BJP on issues and concerns gathered by mass-based organisations during fieldwork. The BJP will only benefit from their feedback to fine-tune its strategy for the elections," confided a BJP leader about the importance of the meeting.
The brainstorming is significant in the wake of parleys between top RSS and BJP leaders on the BJP's prime ministerial candidate. RSS is playing the role of final arbiter in the wake of differences between the party over projecting Modi.
Only on Saturday, RSS had publicly declared that it had conveyed its opinion to BJP on the Prime Ministerial candidate. However, this issue was learnt to have not come up in brainstorming sessions of RSS-BJP and leaders of affiliate organisations. Sources claimed the meeting took up economic and national security issues under which unorganised sector workers, women empowerment, Chinese incursions and ambush across the LoC were discussed. Monday, issues concerning agriculture and the political situation will be taken up.
- Eight held for ‘attacking’ Dalit wedding procession in Sabarkantha
- 90 airports on alert to check movement of cash ahead of elections
- Notices to 23 hospitals for withdrawing facility
- Sindhis threaten to move HC if Sindhu Sagar not cleaned
- In Mumbai, teacher’s love story with student ends in her arrest
- Govt dismisses AAP allegations
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- Kejriwal Gujarat tour: The unfamiliar politician | The Indian Express