On debate-eve, Maya hints at support to govt
- Navy officer dies on board INS Kolkata off Mumbai
- Subrata Roy to remain in Tihar, Supreme Court calls Sahara's proposal "dishonourable"
- Arvind Kejriwal stopped on way to meet Narendra Modi
- Modi's next round of Chai pe charcha doesn't have police permission yet
- SC issues notice to Centre on Kiran Reddy's PIL against creation of Telangana
Meanwhile, the Congress issued a three-line whip to ensure the presence of its MPs during voting on Wednesday and was also making hectic efforts to ensure that its MPs from the Telangana region do not absent themselves. Home minister Sushilkumar Shinde and Parliamentary Affairs minister Kamal Nath were learnt to have convened a meeting of Telangana MPs, including ministers from the region, to ensure their presence.
Karimnagar MP Ponnam Prabhakar said that party MPs wanted an immediate decision on their demand for Telangana statehood. Telangana MPs have always fallen in line during voting in Parliament and the Congress's floor managers are likely to rein them in this time as well given their grouse against the high command for not spelling out its stand on Telangana.