On Diwali: 47 fire incidents, over 100 burn injuries
- Facebook Townhall: PM Modi breaks down into tears while talking about his mother
- Google welcomes PM Modi at its headquarters in California
- PM Modi's top 10 quotes from Facebook Townhall
- Manipur Governor Syed Ahmed passes away in Mumbai's Lilavati Hospital
- Police order probe after meat found outside 4 temples in Jharkhand
Over 47 fire incidents were reported on Diwali night in Ludhiana while more than 100 patients with burn injuries came for treatment in different city hospitals on Tuesday.
Crackers were the main reason for majority of the fire incidents while in some cases, the diyas and candles which were left inside the factories after lakhshmi puja, were also the reason for fire.
Fire was reported in four shops in Pindi street where loss of medicines was worth crores. A major fire incident was reported in OSGP tyre factory at GT road at 7 am on Wednesday morning. The fire team took over 10 hours to douse the flames. The waste tyres of the factory caught fire after a rocket fell on the old stock spreading foul smelling smoking.
Lit diyas were the cause of fire at a Gurudwara in Hargobind Nagar, the incident also burnt the Bir.
At Gujjarwal road, an electrical goods shop — Jain spare parts — caught fire after a stray cracker fell inside the premises.
RD Spinning mill on Rahon road also caught fire last night and it took more than six hours for the fire brigade team to douse the flames.
Additional district fire officer Kartar Singhsaid: "Around 60 per cent of our staff was working last night and till Wednesday evening, around 47 fire incidents were reported out of which few were major ones and rest were controlled within no time. Our teams managed things well in time. The first fire incident was reported at 10.30 pm and it continued the whole night."injuries
Meanwhile, 25 face, eyes and hand burn injuries were reported in CMCH while 13 were reported in DMCH, of which two are critical. Dr Sanjeev Uppal, treating the critical patients said: "The house of a Jammu couple caught fire after a cracker landed inside their house. The male patient received 90 per cent burns while the female got 60 per cent burns."