On eve of results, BJP gets ready for Modi swearing-in
- Essar Leaks: SC issues notices to Essar Group and Centre on PIL seeking court-monitored probe
- Karnataka CM announces CBI probe into death of IAS officer DK Ravi
- Hashimpura massacre: 10 freed still in UP Police
- Jaitley, Rajan paper over the cracks, minister says in regular, frank talks
- Lee Kuan Yew, founder of modern Singapore, passes away at 91
With exit polls predicting a landslide victory for the BJP in Gujarat, Chief Minister Narendra Modi exuded confidence on Wednesday. The state party unit, meanwhile, has already begun preparations for his swearing-in ceremony.
"Reviewed preparations for the upcoming Vibrant Gujarat Summit 2013 today at Mahatma Mandir," Modi tweeted Wednesday, on the eve of counting of votes. The 'Vibrant Gujarat' investors' summit is scheduled to be held in mid-January.
While the government's general administration department is preparing to print the invitation cards for Modi's swearing-in ceremony, the venue has already been decided — the Sardar Patel stadium in Ahmedabad where Modi was sworn in the last two times. The date has been tentatively fixed for December 25, the birthday of former prime minister A B Vajpayee.
Modi, meanwhile, held the last cabinet meeting of the incumbent government in Gandhinagar today. "Work on the Narmada water grid project for Kutch, Saurashtra is going on at quick pace. Chaired high-level meet to review it," he tweeted.
Modi also tweeted about visiting former Gujarat chief minister Madhavsinh Solanki, who is undergoing treatment at a hospital here.