On eve of results, BJP gets ready for Modi swearing-in
- Elections 2014 Live: Polling stopped at a booth in Bihar after officials recover cane bomb
- Modi tukde tukde kar dega... ladaa dega, says Rahul
- Congress not aggressive enough, says Sharad Pawar
- NSCN (IM) takes over Manipur booths, loads EVMs with votes
- Two CRPF jawans killed in Bihar before start of polling
With exit polls predicting a landslide victory for the BJP in Gujarat, Chief Minister Narendra Modi exuded confidence on Wednesday. The state party unit, meanwhile, has already begun preparations for his swearing-in ceremony.
"Reviewed preparations for the upcoming Vibrant Gujarat Summit 2013 today at Mahatma Mandir," Modi tweeted Wednesday, on the eve of counting of votes. The 'Vibrant Gujarat' investors' summit is scheduled to be held in mid-January.
While the government's general administration department is preparing to print the invitation cards for Modi's swearing-in ceremony, the venue has already been decided — the Sardar Patel stadium in Ahmedabad where Modi was sworn in the last two times. The date has been tentatively fixed for December 25, the birthday of former prime minister A B Vajpayee.
Modi, meanwhile, held the last cabinet meeting of the incumbent government in Gandhinagar today. "Work on the Narmada water grid project for Kutch, Saurashtra is going on at quick pace. Chaired high-level meet to review it," he tweeted.
Modi also tweeted about visiting former Gujarat chief minister Madhavsinh Solanki, who is undergoing treatment at a hospital here.
- Neemu Bhoumik seeks LS entry; people’s issues, Raiganj roots in mind
- Another Bittu, Simerjit file papers as Independents
- Firing at district food and civil supplies office, one injured
- Day after stand-off with EC, Didi vows ‘revenge’ over ‘insult’ by Delhi
- ‘Hate’ speech: Amit Shah moves HC for stay on arrest, quashing of FIRs
- Adarsh Shastri ‘covers’ for AAP’s Jaaferi