On last day as Chairman, Tata spends 75th birthday with employees
- Tanzanian student was not stripped, paraded naked: K'taka Home Minister
- National Herald case: Sonia, Rahul Gandhi move SC challenging Delhi HC order
- Budget session of Parliament to begin on Feb 23; Jaitley hopeful of GST
- Suspended UP chief engineer Yadav Singh arrested, Congress, BJP say probe links
- Will stand by Pakistan if it acts on terror: Rajnath Singh
He then reached the Chinchwad facility where he spent time till about 3 pm. An employee said that although it was his birthday, no public functions were planned.
Around 3.15pm, Tata's car, escorted by another vehicle, was seen entering the plush Tata Lake House opposite the Pimpri facility. Tata is known to stay at Lake House during his visit to the city. At Lake House, he was greeted by a team of employees from Taj Vivanta Blue Diamond, one of the luxury hotels of Tata's Taj Group. They presented Tata with a cake and a bouquet.
About 14 employees of Tata Power drove all the way from Mumbai and met him.
Talking to The Indian Express, Rajan V Naidu, an employee who met Tata at his Lake House, said, "He looked tired. But was welcoming. He greeted each of us personally and wished us good luck for our future. When we asked him to give a message for the employees, he said he would do so in a few days."
A third-generation employee of one of the companies of the Group, Milind Ubale, said, "Our boss loves people. That is what he has been doing the whole day."
- Outcome on Section 377 will depend on composition of the Constitution bench
- Inadequate staff, payment delays undermine MGNREGA in drought-hit Mahabubnagar
- ICDS, the primary scheme targeting malnutrition, needs to be broadened
- Rohith's death must focus attention on the rites of exclusion in the university
- Telescope: State in the bedroom
- The economy is best served by lowering interest rates and blocking protectionism