On last day as Chairman, Tata spends 75th birthday with employees
- Supreme Court strikes down Section 66A, says it violates right to speech
- Pakistan Day: PM greets, MoS VK Singh tweets #disgust
- DK Ravi's death: Govt calls in CBI, tells court he had a ‘relationship’ with batchmate
- Mufti Mohammad Sayeed says will take Army into confidence on AFSPA
- 1987 Hashimpura massacre: The photographs that stand witness
He then reached the Chinchwad facility where he spent time till about 3 pm. An employee said that although it was his birthday, no public functions were planned.
Around 3.15pm, Tata's car, escorted by another vehicle, was seen entering the plush Tata Lake House opposite the Pimpri facility. Tata is known to stay at Lake House during his visit to the city. At Lake House, he was greeted by a team of employees from Taj Vivanta Blue Diamond, one of the luxury hotels of Tata's Taj Group. They presented Tata with a cake and a bouquet.
About 14 employees of Tata Power drove all the way from Mumbai and met him.
Talking to The Indian Express, Rajan V Naidu, an employee who met Tata at his Lake House, said, "He looked tired. But was welcoming. He greeted each of us personally and wished us good luck for our future. When we asked him to give a message for the employees, he said he would do so in a few days."
A third-generation employee of one of the companies of the Group, Milind Ubale, said, "Our boss loves people. That is what he has been doing the whole day."
(with inputs from Aaditi Jathar Lakade)