On last day of inspection, MC seals workshop of Khushi Ram & Sons
- After arrest, Jitender Singh Tomar resigns as Delhi Law Minister
- Army begins operation near Myanmar border, kills militants involved in Manipur ambush
- Joint CP Mukesh Kumar Meena hits back, says he took charge at ACB under L-G's orders
- Congress president Sonia Gandhi accuses PM Modi of 'U-turns, falsehoods'
- UP minister booked for burning journalist to death over Facebook post
Continuing with its inspection on Ferozepur road for the third and final day, the Ludhiana Municipal Corporation on Saturday sealed the workshop of Khushi Ram & Sons for allegedly violating parking norms.
Rajinder Sharma, assistant town planner, Zone D, and Ajay Sood, Joint Commissioner, have been leading the inspection drive for the past three days on the orders of the Punjab and Haryana High Court.
Till now, six commercial establishments, including Hotel Park Plaza's banquet hall, Oliva Restaurant, Hotel Batra, J Sons and K P Complex have been sealed by the civic body.
HC had ordered the MC to get the service lanes on Ferozepur road vacated, following which the MC had issued notices to all shops and buildings to make their own parking arrangements.
"We took to sealing after buildings did not comply with the notices and were found using service lanes to park vehicles. On Saturday, the rear side workshop of Khushi Ram and Sons was sealed, as they were illegally using the service lanes. None of the buildings sealed have been opened yet," Sharma told Ludhiana Newsline.