On November 27, rally to nip childhood diabetes in the bud
- PM Modi discusses GST bill with Manmohan, Sonia at 7 RCR; Cong says demands non-political
- Withdraw convocation invite to Narendra Modi: Jamia Millia alumni to VC
- PoK will remain with Pakistan, J&K will remain with India: Farooq Abdullah
- Liquor ban in Bihar: Nitish Kumar's poll promise to women comes at a high cost
- Amarinder Singh appointed as new Punjab Cong President
Diabetes Care and Research Foundation (DCRF), a special forum started to tackle problems related to the disease, has planned a programme on November 27 to spread awareness on childhood diabetes.
This year's programme will start with a special rally from Sarasbaug to Ganesh Kala Krida Sabhagriha to improve awareness about childhood diabetes. Olympic medalist Gagan Narang and cricketer Chandu Borde will be chief guests. Actors Jackie Shroff, Neha Pendse and others will also attend.
Nearly 1,500 schoolchildren (hearing, speech and visually impaired and physically challenged), diabetics, doctors, chemist associations, Ruby Hall staff, nurses and others will participate in the rally, said Dr Abhay Mutha, founder of the DCRF.
There will be a special programme on childhood diabetes awareness at Ganesh Kala Krida Auditorium from 9.30-11.30 am where diabetologist Mutha will have a special talk and slide show on the subject along with a live demo by Yoga therapist Dr Renu Mehtani. Gagan Narang will give away lifetime achievement award to diabetic state-level swimmer Eshan Shevte on the occasion.
- Good governance is in actions, not in 'abolishing' religious holidays of minorities
- Respecting sovereignty is the essence of bilateral diplomatic engagement
- Islam doesn’t justify targeting innocent lives in the manner in which it was done in Paris
- Imran Khan is a politician with a sense of personal destiny, and a divine mission
- Game upside down
- Why every patriot should be worried, and, yes, ashamed