On SP's plot list: Minister’s wife, Akhilesh’s father-in-law, secy
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
The 28 persons whose plot allotments in Lucknow's Gomti Nagar have been defended by the Samajwadi Party government in the Supreme Court include Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav's father-in-law R C S Rawat, Revenue Minister Ambika Chaudhary's wife Saroj Chaudhary, Chief Minister's Secretary Anita Singh, and several IAS and IPS officers.
Interestingly, Ambika Chaudhary was revenue minister and Anita Singh was special secretary to the chief minister even when the allotments were made by the Lucknow Development Authority under the previous SP government, headed by Mulayam Singh Yadav, in 2005.
The list includes some persons about whom nothing is known except their names; they were allotted plots on the recommendation of the chief minister's secretariat. In many cases, allotments were first made in Gomti Nagar Extension and then changed to Vipul Khand, a posh locality.
In an affidavit in the Supreme Court, the government has claimed that all rules and regulations were followed in the allotment of plots to these 28 persons. Also, LDA had allotted 16,358 plots directly between 1992 and 2005, the affidavit says.
The previous Mayawati government had, on the other hand, alleged several irregularities, which included allotment at a rate lower than the prevailing rate, and that the land use was changed from institutional to residential to benefit these people. The allotments have been challenged in a PIL by Vishwanath Chaturvedi, a social activist.
Here is the complete list of allottees:
1. RCS Rawat, father-in-law of Akhilesh Yadav, on the recommendation of the chief minister's secretariat. The 365.50 sq m plot was adjusted against an existing 288 sq m plot in Gomti Nagar Extension.
2. Anita Singh and her husband Subhash Chandra (IPS), 500 sq m plot in Vipul Khand on March 19, 2005.
3. Saroj Chaudhary, wife of Revenue Minister Ambika Chaudhary, 488 sq m plot, on the recommendation of her husband in Vipul Khand, in lieu of her existing plot of 300 sq m in Gomti Nagar Extension.
- Live: Kejriwal does a U turn, urges people to come in largeÂ numbers
- Women competent enough, they need opportunities, saysÂ Rahul
- â€˜Modi has a majoritarian, authoritarian attitudeâ€¦ such a policy and style of govt would be a disaster for thisÂ countryâ€™
- â€˜Narmada water not reaching farmers for want of minor canalsâ€™ | The Indian Express