On Valentine’s Day, Delhi has a date with rain
- Kashmir floods LIVE: Many feared dead as houses collapse in Budgam district
- ‘Mukhyamantri ka saala’ is a story of growth in Chhattisgarh
- AAP removes Ramdas as Lokpal, Bhushan from disciplinary panel
- Ahmed Patel, seen and heard like never before
- Retd Lt Gen says will write to Chief about Army role in Hashimpura
This Valentine's Day another spell of rain and thundershower are expected to drench Delhi. The India Meteorological Department (IMD) said this round of rainfall could be heavier than the previous that broke the 70-year record for the month of February.
Officials said another set of cold and wet air mass is moving towards Delhi, and is expected to bring moderate snowfall in Jammu and Kashmir and Uttarakhand. The IMD predicted that the storm will be at its peak on Friday and Saturday nights, with chances of hail and thunder squalls.
Last week, similar air masses brought 46 mm rainfall in 24 hours in Delhi.
Officials said rainfall is also expected in Punjab, Haryana, north Rajasthan and Uttar Pradesh. After the storm, officials predict the mercury will drop on February 18 for a couple of days and fog will roll in.
Tuesday, however, is expected to be clear after some mist and fog in the morning. The temperatures are expected to stay between 24 and 9 degrees Celsius.